New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General' started by jalil, Sep 17, 2016.

1. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

New members can introduce themselves here, where you're from? What oud you like? Whats your hobbies and anything else you wish to share

2. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Ah. Should've posted here. As I've mentioned from the general thread, I am currently in Malaysia. Very new to oud. Bought one in 2014 when I was doing my degree. That was it. Until this year, the crave for oud came once again, in my journey to explore perfumes :)

There's a lot for me to learn from the other members I'm sure, and it seems many of your are well acquainted already.

Glad to be here. Oh, and if anyone here is in Malaysia do let me know. It'd be great to meet up with fellow ouddicts.

PersonelHigh and Roman Abdullah like this.
  3. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Welcome! Yes, it is satisfying to converse with fellow Oudlovers :)

4. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Thanks ! It definitely is satisfying.

You get a lot more "in touch" (if that makes any sense) when conversing face to face. Many misunderstandings can be avoided too when two people meet. :)

5. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I have never met a fellow Ouddie in person. Maybe one day.

6. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

Welcome aboard Arif

7. GLTASN

GLTASN Junior Member

Hi, my name is Jason and I live in Alaska and, it seems Im the only person in my state who even knows what oud is.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2016
  8. GLTASN

GLTASN Junior Member

make friends Taha @ Agaraura. he lives there and makes a lot of his oils there. you will get a proper 'oud education' from him.

9. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Thank you for the suggestion! I already have, thanks to Adam of Feel Oud. :)

Very pleasant man to meet with. And I even have some of his mukhallats in hand. Aha. :cool:

10. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Wow Alaska. It's quite far from the main cities right? Very close to nature and wildlife. :)

11. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Oh btw, Hi jason. Welcome !

12. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Many thanks Jalil.

13. Abdullah

Abdullah Junior Member

salams (peace) everyone. just joined

14. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek Staff Member

Welcome everyone , Abdullah nice to see you again! 😎

15. Abdullah

Abdullah Junior Member

you too brother mandeel. jzkk for the welcome

16. Mr.P

Mr.P Super Moderator Staff Member

Good idea to have introductions. Anonymity is important but I for one value knowing who I'm talking to.

I live in Oregon, am in my late 40's, teach math and science to middle school children (thus my user name "Mr. P" which is what some student call me. I was a botanist in my past, with a specialization in fungi. Don't know any oud lovers, though I am connected with the Japanese community in Portland and occasionally run into people with interest in jinko and kodo.

i have been fascinated by fragrance since my college days. Obsessed with oud since maybe 1996 or so. Got my first wood chip from an herb shop whose owners knew nothing about oud. It was very low quality, but good enough to get its claws into me. Been hooked ever since.

17. bhanny

bhanny Guest

Cool idea. I'm Brian. I'm 43. Married. Father of 2 boys, 4 and 5. They are wild. I've long been into perfumes, I haven't wore one since finding oud a bit ago. I live in Virginia and I'm grateful for this forum.

18. littlecrowgirl

littlecrowgirl Member

Hello! I'm Chelsea, mother to two sons, ages 12 and 14 (and bhanny, they do get more civilized ;) ), who I homeschool. I've been married for nearly twenty years. I've always enjoyed scent and got into essential oils in the late 90's. I didn't discover oud until about seven years ago, and it was a nasty experience. Thankfully, I tried again, and I have been in love ever since! I have just started heating wood, and am even crazier for agarwood than I was before.

I live in "the country", in Oregon.

19. bhanny

bhanny Guest

Good to know Chelsea! Though I'm fond regardless :)

PersonelHigh likes this.
  20. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Thanks Mandeel.

Promote Oud!