Mysore Sandalwood Distilling

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Jan 3, 2018.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Started distilling the sinking black mysore , another very fragrant mysore root and some mysore sinking heartwood . Each wood has its own unique fragrance that i feel will add to the synergy of the 3 woods. One day soak and then started distilling on the full moon . The water was spring water programed with shungite ,emeralds and gold. I left the shungite rocks in the 50l tank and they will remain there with the wood dust for the 3 days i distill the wood . Another plus of keeping a bit of rock in the still is that you can hear it making noise as its moved about , and if you dont hear it you know the sediment is not moving on the bottom of the still so its a nice failsafe that keeps the material from burning on the bottom . If you dont hear the rocks you better open the still and move the material around . It really smells amazing , i just tested the first couple drops of oil and its really quite special already .The whole system is pure copper and the condenser is my design with 24k gold coated double coil inside a fused quarts tube i call a GOLDFINGER

Grega, AbuTominaga, Aleata and 10 others like this.
  2. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

Great to see a fellow member grow their wings at distillation,wish the best of luck.

3. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

I have converted this into an "article" and it is now featured on the Ouddict homepage...

Alexander Groppe, hedycent and tyson like this.
  4. Ouddict

By the way, this was the first ever post to be promoted to an article. You can add more information as the distillation progresses by splitting the original post into Part 1, Part 2 etc... subheadings

5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Im honored :) thanks

6. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Well done and thanks for updating us :clapping::clapping:

Can't wait to hear about how the oil turns out after curing. I would guess: mind blowing.

Why is it good to distill during full moon?

And what do you mean with: programming the water?

So interesting indeed.

7. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

Now that is really putting your own stamp on things. Wonderful and awesome setup! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'm curious about the gold condenser, any special benefits in using gold?

Thanks for sharing.

8. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Have you heard about dr emotos work on water?

Water can be programed and holds memory so we can structure it . We can increase its vibration with crystals and loving intent . In this way i feel i can increase the freq of the oil's created, although oils cannot be programed they are set in there structure .

Distilling on the full moon takes advantage of the moons pull much like how it affects the oceans and tides . This increases the yield of the oil , some claim up to 20% more . I have noticed an increase but have yet to fully test this theory out in a lab setting .

9. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

The kogi elders in Colombia say that gold is the blood of the mother the great mother earth .
    Kogi voice (1): The Mother bled. She had her period. She was fertile. And the world was fertile. Her blood is gold. It remains in the Earth. It is fertility. Gold and water, blood and water are necessary for the life of all things. And then human beings were made, to care for living things. The plants, the animals, this is why people were made.
    Everything we do is an event not only in the physical world but also in the spirit world. We live in a world shaped in spirit. Every tree, every stone, every river, has a spirit form, invisible to the Younger Brother. This is the world of aluna, the world of thought and spirit. Aluna embraces intelligence, soul and fertility: it is the stuff of life, the essence of reality. The material world is underpinned, shaped, given life and generative power in aluna, and the Mama's work is carried out in aluna. --

Because Kogi elders or Mamas are seers, graduates of a mystery school, they have the natural ability to penetrate higher planes of existence and hidden causes. They understand the vital truth of the maxim "as above, so below." When the Younger Brother in his vanity, urged by his greed and ambition, thinks that he is "running things," that is when the planet and our existence on it become endangered. The expression of the law of the Great Mother is interfered with.

I was initiated as a child of the kogi in a ceremony in colombia and i strive to find balance in all things . Gold and water for me are prime creators and this is why i use them in the condenser where the trasnsformation happens <3

I got to watch the movie aluna with the grandson of the head kogi and his wife was really an amazing experience to watch with them as well as drink ayahuasca with them as well , ayahuasca is a sacred visionary tea

10. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

“The noblest art is that of making others happy”
    P.T. Barnum

This is the sandalwood oil after 48 hours of distilling , its so thick that the bubbles almost dont pop that form at the bottom. 100 year old plus wood/oil at its finest . 24 hours left to distill...

11. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

You proved to be the Noblest Artist. Thank goodness, not an artisan;). 2018 will smell purity as such. My childhood memories say: Yes, Mysore Sandal is viscous.

Khush rahein hameisha (Stay happy forever)!

12. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Excellent informative posts, this is the thread to follow im subscribed. @tyson all the best i am sure the oil will be fine whats the weight to yield ratio with Sandal? @Santal Claus bet you loving this :rolleyes:

13. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Will be able to give you a ratio soon , the still keeps putting more oil out ^^

14. Ouddict

Mandeel AlMandeel and tyson like this.
  15. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Looks like you can hope a 4% from this old wood wich would be already exceptional ! You are around 80/85°c ?

Mandeel AlMandeel and tyson like this.
  16. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Thats about right , i boiled the pot on very low heat for the first 2 days and then increased the temp a bit for the last day pulling more of the base notes , really went better than i hoped .

The oil smells fantastic, its tenacious, viscous,has a great longevity and projection. This old mysore has a full bouquet of heavenly smells that delight , light flowery milky creme with a refined sweetness of honey , its earthy in the way a forest is just after a light rain when the sun comes out , its deep deep deep almost with no end almost musky but not, sweet yet a dignified bitter , in this i am fascinated and feel my nose inhale inconceivable precognition of fantastical delights, how can this come from a tree i think ! Amazing what nature gifts us as i ponder its magnificence . It tantalize the senses with its jewel like grace , its pronounced, but not over baring,eager but not demanding . Its everything a mysore should be!!! . I was worried when i raised the heat that i may pull to many harsh and loud scents out of the pot but it was not the cases .The 3 different woods used blended a symphony of notes together in perfect union, each there but not overshadowed each grace the stage and holding the other higher . I took each fraction and smelled and listened to it . Letting it lead me in its creation . I know if it smells this good now i can only imagine that in many years it will be astounding . So good in fact that i dont know if i will sell any , who can put a price on ethreal drops of starlight condensed ... It hard to search and search for what you know it can be each time disappointed and then to find it in it purity one would simply want to covet such a wonder . Its not like there is much 100 year old mysore left in the world . I wonder if its as beautiful though if its never shared ... to never be smelled by another . Perhaps true beauty is in the shared appreciation and joy it brings another ...

Aleata, okonos, VPhong and 7 others like this.
  17. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Great ! Thanks for sharing !
    Don't know if viscosity is not related to your super condenser also :Whistling:

Is that the first attempt with your new set up ?

Looking foward the result if you plan sharing some :Thumbsup: (and even more if you want to be paid in ambergris :Roflmao:)

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  18. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I distilled a bath of apple mint as a first run then some royal green hojary frankincense , then i distilled some organic wine to make some brandy and got the still really clean and ready for the mysore so this is the 4th batch .
    ooo ambergris <3 sounds like great exchange ^^
    Im not ready to part with any yet untill i get it cured right , not sure when that is but the oil will tell me :) By the look of the cup i definetly got over 2% but well see when i decant it later

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  19. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

THE MAGICAL MYSTERY OF TREES

Trees are allies and a continuous reminder of the richness and power that the living library of nature holds. In this day and age, however, we have forgotten our bond with these powerful entities because our current way of living is not designed to help nurture or revive this connection.

Our ancestors were intimately connected to the landscape; they revered nature and noted the seasonal changes and intuitively knew that everything held its own magical meaning, especially trees. They approached trees with respect because they knew these entities — who resided in the underworld, the earth and the heavens simultaneously — were endowed with their own form of consciousness. Trees are the longest-lived and largest plant form on Earth, and through history have been acknowledged as symbols of power, wisdom, fertility, and life.

Biblical stories of the tree of life and the tree of knowledge are two archetypal views of the tree, which can be found in mythical traditions and spiritual teachings from cultures the world over. Ancient people believed trees to be infused with an abundance of divine creative energy that could be consciously harnessed by the adept, allowing access to other states of being. Thus, groves of trees were revered in many ancient civilizations, considered a place of reflection where quiet encounters with supernatural forces and beings could take place. Trees growing in rings were used by the Celts as sites for their rituals and ceremonies. Cultures in Asia and Australia regarded trees as mythical ancestors frozen into a vegetable form, believing one could tap into their wisdom.

Over time, different species of trees acquired culture-specific significance. To Buddhists the bodhi, or fig-tree, is considered a symbol of enlightenment, as it was under this type of tree that the Buddha had his spiritual awakening.

The great cedars of Lebanon, prized for their durability, were said to be used by King Solomon in the construction of the great Temple in Jerusalem. The oracular priestesses in Delphi chewed leaves of the laurel tree before opening their minds to receive cosmic wisdom. And the mighty oak, a symbol of immortality and endurance, was revered by the Druids, who ate its acorns before making prophecies.

When you take a walk in nature allow yourself to be led to a tree and I send an inner greeting to show your respect and appreciation. Approach the trunk of the tree,sit facing it, or get close and lean against it. Relax, breath deep, and calm your mind, allowing yourself to become one with the tree. At times, in the deep silence, you can quickly become aware of how fully alive and powerfully present the tree is,feel an all-encompassing connection to the web of existence. As you come to know, appreciate and revel the mysteries of a tree, you will in turn developed a closer connection to the mysteries within yourself.

AbuTominaga, jensz, Ouddict and 4 others like this.
  20. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

well i got 75 grams about so thats 0.0375 not bad at all i was within my target zone and exactly what i though id get for sinking old wood stock.

jensz, Ouddict, VPhong and 4 others like this.

Promote Oud!