Mysore Sandal / Bahamas Silver Ambergris

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Oct 24, 2018.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Classical Mysore Ambergris Attar
    250 usd for 2.5 grams in a v-vial
    limited to 8 bottles .

Simply perfection , i dont use that word alot but i simply cannot see how this could be any better . I used the Aluhlaza Marakata mysore sandalwood oil and then added 25% amebrgris honey resin from beach cast ambergris from the bahamas . This is everything that makes the combination of sandal and ambergris amazing and then takes it to a whole new level , its far superior to any muddy maceration. If this is not the best sandal and ambergris you have ever tried ill gladly give you your money back .
    The silver ambergris was tested at 91% amberine and had the most lovely oceanic salty powdery fecal scent really one of the best strong smelling ambergris i have yet to smell .
    I think if i was to have a signature scent this would qualify .
    Its such a balanced blend it just amazes me , i find the fecal note in the background enchanting its just enough to let you know its there. Powdery sweet and sour , notes of herbs and citrus this cooling vibe that emits an alure a grace a dignity, and thats just the opening the real ah ha moment comes in the dry down that just gives me this feeling thats indescribably uplifting ...can a oil qualify as an anti depressant? , id most certainly wear this when i wanted to cast a aura of magnetism . Certain to pull everyone into your sphere of influence
    Purity clarity grace are the hallmarks of this attar .
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/653591713/ambergris-aluhlaza-marikata-mysore?ref=listings_manager_grid

Ashfaque, Bryan-I, Arsalan and 2 others like this.
  2. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

The first member here to buy a bottle will receive this 87 gram chunk of mysore sandalwood root . I kept this chunk out of 5 kilos as it was so unique the rest went into the pot to make the Vajood. Im sure it will go to someone special who appreciates what it is . WIN_20181001_18_43_01_Pro.jpg

Grega, Bryan-I and Arsalan like this.
  3. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

Wow! That’s an awesome offer!

4. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

Pm sent :)

tyson and Rai Munir like this.
  5. Zahir

To a newbie like myself, how is ambergis honey resin created? And by 25% in that term, do you mean you say that the total ambergis in the resin is 25% or the ambergis tincture used to make the resin was at 25% strength? Thanks for clarifying and educating me!

Rai Munir likes this.
  6. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Great question Zahir.
    Ambergris Honey resin is the alcohol soluble resinoid part of the ambergris, with the alcohol later removed . While this sounds easy its not so easy to remove all the alcohol , it must be filtered with a very fine mesh micron filter , then there is the curing process , if you dont do everything right the resin crystalizes . So there is a huge art in making the resin . The devil is in the detail as they say. This method gets about 90 percent resin in high grade ambergris so you lose 10 percent . That little bag is the solids that came out of the chunk below . It has no pleasing scent when heated , im going to get it tested in a lab to see whats left in it .
    The final product is 25 percent by volume pure ambergris"honey resin" and 75% sandalwood oil . WIN_20181019_11_12_10_Pro.jpg IMG_0495.jpg

Ashfaque, Rai Munir, Joe King and 2 others like this.
  7. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

If I may , i wanted to quote the review Ish posted of Aluhlaza Marakata mysore sandalwood oil on Tyson's etsy site.I can't imagine how good this will be combined with ambergris honey resin. Beautiful words and i hope Ish and Tyson do not mind me posting it here on the forum:

Amazing Mysore nuances. It has exact same profile as 1915 Fritzsche Brothers Mysore Sandalwood. Smelling from the Applicator it's has hint of thyme , Dill , Herbs . Beautiful scent
    Top note : Super classic Mysore from 1915, majestic scent, fit for a King or Sandalwood fanatic. Herbs, thyme , little bit of citrus ,soft and delicate.
    Middle note : Mysore arrives at the show with woody aroma slowly releasing
    Base dry down: classic Mysore and nose keeps on sniffing the arm and wanting more.

Super happy to have this in my archives and definitely will pass it down to the kids and we will cherish this art in a bottle, thank you Tyson for all the hard work you put into all your oils ,JazakaAllah Khairan my brother and my God bless you with more inspiration.(Ish The Oud Man)

Ashfaque, Grega, tyson and 2 others like this.
  8. Zahir

Thank you for the clarification!

So instead of the usual tincture or maceration, the ambergis was used to make this resin instead?

A few more clarifications, if you will, please: you mentioned "alcohol soluble resinoid part of ambergis". Does that mean that there is a non-resinoid part of ambergis? Are both soluble in alcohol? What about the solubility of ambergis in other solvents such as water or sandalwood oil. Is ambergis soluble is them as well?

Rai Munir likes this.
  9. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

So instead of the usual tincture or maceration, the ambergis was used to make this resin instead?
    Yes 91 percent of the ambergris , 9 percent was insoluble in alcohol as well as water . Ambergris is not soluble in water , it is in sandalwood and oils as like dissolves like .
    The real art of this resinoid is how its cured , if you do it just slightly wrong it will crystalize and oxidise . Through my methods ive worked it to a point I can make a pure resinoid from the ambergris that does keep its honey resin state . Did you know that cacao pastes or cacao liquor can form 6 different types of crystals and that only one is right for tempering and making chocolate . First you melt all the crystal formations by going up to 120 then you go back down to 80 then one more time bringing the temp up to 89 . While ambergris does not have that many formations it still acts in much the same way were the amberine forms certain crystalline structure . Without the perfect size micron filter , a sterile and clean lab equipment and a rotovap its incredibly hard to achieve a honey resin ambergris that will stay like that over time.

Ashfaque and Joe King like this.
  10. Zahir

Makes me wonder if you work in a lab, to have all these equipment :D :rolleyes:

Promote Oud!