Alexander Oudh

Oud Fanatic
View attachment 603
I just got some today. Siberian Musk, very soft, very fresh, lighter in color, "clearer" opacity:)
Very good strong smell:confused:

Judging by my present collection, "Fresher is Better", over "Region or Species";)

Unfortunately I can't recommend my source, he also sent me garbage. Does he think that sending me really good stuff but at the same time sent me garbage also will balance out, I think not. The garbage batch will be thrown in the garbage. That's the last time I buy from him. (andrus-zh6ab9, on ebay):(
I would never use what you have in the picture. I have never seen musk grains look like this. These have been saturated with something other than a natural substance, and it also seems that the seller put fur into this to make it appear more authentic. When opening a pod with a scalpel this will never happen. Musk grains are faked more often than not. I could be wrong, but I am sure this has been tampered with.

IMG_2425.jpg
Here is a shot with a different angle from the flashlight.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
View attachment 603
I just got some today. Siberian Musk, very soft, very fresh, lighter in color, "clearer" opacity:)
Very good strong smell:confused:

Judging by my present collection, "Fresher is Better", over "Region or Species";)

Unfortunately I can't recommend my source, he also sent me garbage. Does he think that sending me really good stuff but at the same time sent me garbage also will balance out, I think not. The garbage batch will be thrown in the garbage. That's the last time I buy from him. (andrus-zh6ab9, on ebay):(

This one is very very very good just clean it and will be okay

It should have been properly dried in the sac, that would have made it a little darker in color. I will open the jar everyday or two to monitor the moisture and observe the scent. For now it's a little apple-ish, diffuse, heavy tobacco like wet tobacco leaves ready to roll into a cigar, with a background of a little rum-raisin-cocoa blend.

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
It should have been properly dried in the sac, that would have made it a little darker in color. I will open the jar everyday or two to monitor the moisture and observe the scent. For now it's a little apple-ish, diffuse, heavy tobacco like wet tobacco leaves ready to roll into a cigar, with a background of a little rum-raisin-cocoa blend.
Mmmmmm sounds amazing

Faheem

Yusa Aromatics
Guys dont forget that musk grains start of in the sac as a yellow paste and after the pod is removed and dried they change colour and become more dry.

I opened a small pod last year which was not dried and inside was just yellow paste, I was shocked to see that lol but after some research I found that this is how the grains start off with. I couldnt use the paste so i put the whole pod in alcohol to tinture it, its been there for over a year now. The smell of this yellow paste is very different to the dried grains, its more animalic and less sweet.

I will find the pic and post them soon.

Oud_learner

I tried to filter my grains through a kitchen siever and was quite pleased with the result. It removed most of the tissues and fur (except for shorter ones) in just one filter. I should be able to remove any residual unwanted material by sieving through one more time but decided not to, to avoid losing more of the grains.

Filtered grains
IMG_7881.JPG

Unwanted tissues and fur
IMG_7885.JPG

Double containment
IMG_7894.JPG

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I tried to filter my grains through a kitchen siever and was quite pleased with the result. It removed most of the tissues and fur (except for shorter ones) in just one filter. I should be able to remove any residual unwanted material by sieving through one more time but decided not to, to avoid losing more of the grains.

Filtered grains
View attachment 606

Unwanted tissues and fur
View attachment 607

Double containment
View attachment 608

This is a very nice job my friend !
It looks at point !

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

Filtered grains
View attachment 606

Unwanted tissues and fur
View attachment 607

Double containment
View attachment 608

Absolutely gorgeous... did you get these from Dragada?

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer

Filtered grains
View attachment 606

Unwanted tissues and fur
View attachment 607

Double containment
View attachment 608

As I understand it this was your first time sieving Musk, you brave soul!!!

Good Job!

Pyrone

Oud Beginner
Guys dont forget that musk grains start of in the sac as a yellow paste and after the pod is removed and dried they change colour and become more dry.

I opened a small pod last year which was not dried and inside was just yellow paste, I was shocked to see that lol but after some research I found that this is how the grains start off with. I couldnt use the paste so i put the whole pod in alcohol to tinture it, its been there for over a year now. The smell of this yellow paste is very different to the dried grains, its more animalic and less sweet.

I will find the pic and post them soon.
Greetings. I was referred to you for purchase of grains. How much per GM and what variety? Thank you.