Votes: 10 34.5%
  • It doesnt matter

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I dont know but would like to

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
This is not Judgment court brother @Faheem easy ...

As clients learn from sellers, clients should also accept that sellers learn from clients.

This is positive criticism, not a boycott call.

When a resseller orders oud from distiller, it's rare to find already completely cured and aged oil, main distillers would say : this is not my job.

Why ? : they sell at wholesale prices in big amounts at weight or ×ml amount.

When resseller receive the oil from distiller, he judges if require curing ajustement and aging according to his stock, treasury ect ... you know that more than me.

When resseller sells his oils : they are supposed to be ready to be consumed because paid at retail price.

Same thing with musk. It's not hunter, farmer, wholesaller's job to clean the grains they sell it at wholesale price by weight.
It's resseller's duty to sell grains at retail price ready to be used : cleaned.

Client should be well informed of what he is going to buy.

If moist, and it's acceptable, it must be sold sealed and client must be advertised : open only when you are going to start maceration and it will be strong smell.

It's first experience for you as a seller and first experience for many clients too.

Clients are ready to support their sellers and we are all human beings sometimes we do mistakes because we did'nt know.

Easy to say sorry my fault will make it up next time, its strenghten even more buyer/seller relationship.

IM_AU

Oud Fan
Couldn't agree more to what F4R1d0ux said. End consumer can either be experienced or a first time buyer... its a seller's responsibility to tell the customer about the product details rather than expecting customer to ask these questions.
I would rather like to pay more retail price with certainity about the quantity I am buying rather than buying something that evaporates even by smelling.
Wholesale business and retail business practices are different... obviously end customer will be more concerned about the details and requires better handling.

This is not Judgment court brother @Faheem easy ...

As clients learn from sellers, clients should also accept that sellers learn from clients.

This is positive criticism, not a boycott call.

When a resseller orders oud from distiller, it's rare to find already completely cured and aged oil, main distillers would say : this is not my job.

Why ? : they sell at wholesale prices in big amounts at weight or ×ml amount.

When resseller receive the oil from distiller, he judges if require curing ajustement and aging according to his stock, treasury ect ... you know that more than me.

When resseller sells his oils : they are supposed to be ready to be consumed because paid at retail price.

Same thing with musk. It's not hunter, farmer, wholesaller's job to clean the grains they sell it at wholesale price by weight.
It's resseller's duty to sell grains at retail price ready to be used : cleaned.

Client should be well informed of what he is going to buy.

If moist, and it's acceptable, it must be sold sealed and client must be advertised : open only when you are going to start maceration and it will be strong smell.

It's first experience for you as a seller and first experience for many clients too.

Clients are ready to support their sellers and we are all human beings sometimes we do mistakes because we did'nt know.

Easy to say sorry my fault will make it up next time, its strenghten even more buyer/seller relationship.

Here we are speaking about something more rare than oud and more expansive even when you clean the musk and dry it u will lose musks not hair or water like oud oil or off notes for my self I will not waste my money by drying musk I will directly mix it

IM_AU

Oud Fan
Here we are speaking about something more rare than oud and more expansive even when you clean the musk and dry it u will lose musks not hair or water like oud oil or off notes for my self I will not waste my money by drying musk I will directly mix it
Just out of curiosity, how would you loose weight from dried grains? Even if dried grains loose weight it won't be as significant as to what you will loose from wet grains. This also brings me to other question, how does the vendor ascertain if the grains are genuinely wet and are not made wet to increase the weight?

@IM_AU Isn't about out of curiosity if you just open ear for everyone speak with you privately and you don't trust in the vendor so better you don't buy from him that's it , Kashmiri musk are special than any musk I try ever...

IM_AU

Oud Fan
@Mandeel your post is outrageous... my question was for learning purpose and that's it. I am not pointing here towards any vendor neither I am interested in it.
I am sensing that you have drawn this conclusion from my second question... I believe it's a legit educational question... just like people do lot of adulteration stuff with oud to make extra profit... I will not be surprised if something similar can be done to Musk. If my asumption is true then what I am asking is how the vendors ensure that they are buying unadulterated grains? I believe this forum is to get knowledge and spread knowledge... but your response being a staff is a personal attack and very immature.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Guys this is for education only and not aimed at any individual or vendor, i had heard differences of opinion in regards to Musk hence this poll and post. Please keep this educational and so far there have been good posts lets keep it that way.

Thank You

Faheem

Yusa Aromatics
Brother Farid I cant apologise because I have not done anything wrong but just to point out how the trade is done. It seems funny to me i have been using the same supplier for 4 years and have sold to many people the same grains that I also use but the problem and complaints just happened now because someone is not happy for whatever reason. I love musk as much I love oud thats why i posted those educational videos for people to see. I have always said it im no expert but people should not dictate their views to everyone, I find this as a personal attack on me.

I have no need to sell musk by the gram because i deal in full pods but even now people are messaging me to get Kashmiri musk the same people who complained that there was weight loss. I have no control over that, I am selling this to people as a favour not to make money, the price of $80 per gram which i have sold Siberian at is what people are selling for per gram sitting in Siberia, while I am here in the UK.

Please everyone stop messaging me for grains, specially Kashmiri and then complain when the grains travel from Pakistan to UK to You and then you say there was 0.3g loss in weight. This is a thing we need to understand or stop buying musk.

Do me and yourself a favour and buy dried and cleaned musk for the person selling whoever is offering that.

This is meant as no offence to anyone but I feel it's highly unfair to me.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Brother Farid I cant apologise because I have not done anything wrong but just to point out how the trade is done. It seems funny to me i have been using the same supplier for 4 years and have sold to many people the same grains that I also use but the problem and complaints just happened now because someone is not happy for whatever reason. I love musk as much I love oud thats why i posted those educational videos for people to see. I have always said it im no expert but people should not dictate their views to everyone, I find this as a personal attack on me.

I have no need to sell musk by the gram because i deal in full pods but even now people are messaging me to get Kashmiri musk the same people who complained that there was weight loss. I have no control over that, I am selling this to people as a favour not to make money, the price of $80 per gram which i have sold Siberian at is what people are selling for per gram sitting in Siberia, while I am here in the UK.

Please everyone stop messaging me for grains, specially Kashmiri and then complain when the grains travel from Pakistan to UK to You and then you say there was 0.3g loss in weight. This is a thing we need to understand or stop buying musk.

Do me and yourself a favour and buy dried and cleaned musk for the person selling whoever is offering that.

This is meant as no offence to anyone but I feel it's highly unfair to me.

I understand you can find it unfair brother Faheem.

Do you agree to continue this conversion in private ?

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Guys this is for education only and not aimed at any individual or vendor, i had heard differences of opinion in regards to Musk hence this poll and post. Please keep this educational and so far there have been good posts lets keep it that way.

Thank You

Brother @Habz786 know that this is purely educational and I have nothing against brother Faheem or Faizal with who I talked few times.

I have defended them many times when they were atacked unfairly and I even defended them with "practicionners".

This discution aim to create understandment between a trusted retailer and informed or less informed consumers.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan

I agree with you brother Mandeel and maybe you are more experienced than others with musk.

Problem when you are not used to it, you can be surprised to use 50% of what you bought.

With warning and coaching from seller, it creates trust and link.

Really if taken the way it should be it's a help actualy not an offence ...

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Couldn't agree more to what F4R1d0ux said. End consumer can either be experienced or a first time buyer... its a seller's responsibility to tell the customer about the product details rather than expecting customer to ask these questions.
I would rather like to pay more retail price with certainity about the quantity I am buying rather than buying something that evaporates even by smelling.
Wholesale business and retail business practices are different... obviously end customer will be more concerned about the details and requires better handling.

It was first time for both sides seller and clients.

We can easily conclude this is misunderstanding or clumpsiness more than responsability.

If both sides make a path to each other everyone who were disapointed or who are looking for musk grains can end happy and warned it could just help IO and clients too who want to enjoy musk.

When it's repeated or if happens with many of other products, its easier to talk about responsability.

Remember when a seller sold his first batches of solids indians oils, he was accused of selling boya.

Because questions led to accusations.
He took it the right way, he learnt from it clients learnt from it too and concluded this was not boya.

Everyone ended more educated with that and this seller is still trusted and apreciated.

The musk grains are not all that heavy even small particles lose when Sniffing what do you think when drying!

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
The musk grains are not all that heavy even small particles lose when Sniffing what do you think when drying!

It's very fine powder yes I know.
It should be handle with care even more when it's dried.

Perfumery is not an easy task like you throw things in a bottle and ressell 450$.
It's a real job ...

I contacted 4 vendors to inquire of musk grains. They did not even reply to my email:(
Except Faheem :thumbsup: and he helped me get the best musk I ever smelled :Inlove::) Thank you Faheem:Thumbsup:
I always open my tiny jars of musk to smell/enjoy them, I know that over time they will lose weight and potency but personally I don't mind, to compensate for weight I bought more grams and as for potency, I figure they will be strong enough for my lifetime, because I don't intend to live to be 200 years old:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
Due to the rarity of musk, you're lucky if you can get genuine grains, and 5 to 10 years from now the price will probably double:eek: So I feel the price is reasonable for what you're getting. Of course Oud and Musk are luxury items, if your budget only allows feeding your family you can't be in this game, I should know, I'm almost at that point:Cry::Cry::Cry:
There are some new release oils I cannot even afford to buy anymore:oops:

ParadiseofOils

True Ouddict
I have 2 types of Musk Oil. Musk enfleuraged and macerated in Moringa Oil for my personal collection. As the picture shows in the attachement. It is now 2 years old. When this was commissioned, the musk grains were freshly obtained and used. It was tripled filtered and alot of unwanted bits and pieces were removed from the musk grains to leave pure musk grains. There was plenty left as we started with alot of musk to begin with.

I also have musk oil what was completely saturated in sandalwood oil. Some people are sceptical and refuse to believe that musk can be completely saturated in any oil. The seller, a well known Artisan has vouched for the distiller of this oil. It is possible. Although the distiller refuses to reveal exaclty how this was saturated in the oil for obvious reasons. This one i have is 3-4 years old.

The scent from both is very similar to each other. Strong Musky and long lasting. :)

Attachments

• musk.png
    musk.png
    264 KB · Views: 230

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I contacted 4 vendors to inquire of musk grains. They did not even reply to my email:(
Except Faheem :thumbsup: and he helped me get the best musk I ever smelled :Inlove::) Thank you Faheem:Thumbsup:
I always open my tiny jars of musk to smell/enjoy them, I know that over time they will lose weight and potency but personally I don't mind, to compensate for weight I bought more grams and as for potency, I figure they will be strong enough for my lifetime, because I don't intend to live to be 200 years old:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
Due to the rarity of musk, you're lucky if you can get genuine grains, and 5 to 10 years from now the price will probably double:eek: So I feel the price is reasonable for what you're getting. Of course Oud and Musk are luxury items, if your budget only allows feeding your family you can't be in this game, I should know, I'm almost at that point:Cry::Cry::Cry:
There are some new release oils I cannot even afford to buy anymore:oops:

Lol yes I understand you I had vertigo when I had to pay for my musk

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I have 2 types of Musk Oil. Musk enfleuraged and macerated in Moringa Oil for my personal collection. As the picture shows in the attachement. It is now 2 years old. When this was commissioned, the musk grains were freshly obtained and used. It was tripled filtered and alot of unwanted bits and pieces were removed from the musk grains to leave pure musk grains. There was plenty left as we started with alot of musk to begin with.

I also have musk oil what was completely saturated in sandalwood oil. Some people are sceptical and refuse to believe that musk can be completely saturated in any oil. The seller, a well known Artisan has vouched for the distiller of this oil. It is possible. Although the distiller refuses to reveal exaclty how this was saturated in the oil for obvious reasons. This one i have is 3-4 years old.

The scent from both is very similar to each other. Strong Musky and long lasting. :)

Nice brother Omar baraka a'lik