Most Underrated Oil

Discussion in 'General' started by Edward Muller, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

What’s your top 5 :D

1) HabzOud - Sugar
    2) RBO - Sri Lanka Wala Pata
    3) RRP - Sumba Walla
    4) LMK - Mandalay Signature
    5) FO (I think) - Kalimantonio

2. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Oud Fan

At the moment I have only 4 small samples of HabzOud (thanks to his generosity) and my favorite one is Sugar (Al Sukar) too. :D :Thumbsup:
    Very "pretty" scent!

3. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

I genuinely don't know!

alcolado glacial likes this.
  4. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

I have no underatted oil :Cooler:

5. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

ok, ill play. some are under-rated for their performance/price ratio like kanzen/green papua, or underrated for lack of the love they receive on the forum.

ASO: ceen/rubaie
    IO: sri pada/viet zephyr
    AA: kanzen
    EO: green papua no doubt. chugoku/archinam/abdus selam close 2nd.

6. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

me neither, I have overrated, though...:D

7. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

1.) Agarwood Assam's Hastakshar Kalakassi, I love Hindi genre and Hindi type oils, have smelled, owned, and extensively worn many. Of them all, only HK, Ensar's Assam Kinam, Taha's Lalitya and a generous sample of Zak's Kanglei remain. I conclude that HK is either underrated or low yield and only a few people have it. An oil @ ~$120/3gms that rivals oils costing upwards of >$1000 is not an easy task.
    2.) AgarAura's Hansei, I've worn several Vietnamese oils such as EO's Kinam Rouge, Kyara LTD, Kyara LTD v2, and Nha Trang LTD; IMO Hansei easily parallels or surpasses those. Considering price, it does so at ~$800, whereas the others are anywhere from $1250-$4500, if not more.
    3.) Ensar Oud's Sultan Sufyan, an oil I don't see much mention of and at the time of release, IIRC, was the least expensive PNG Sultan series oil. IMO it is one of his best oils along with Port Moresby.

sami, Louis Miller, Rai Munir and 8 others like this.
  8. sg1011

sg1011 Junior Member

Excellent post Pearlito. I agree especially with Hansei and Sultan Sufyan. I missed out on a full bottle of Sultan Sufyan. I had a sample vial that came with my Royal Agar kit. Unfortunately, I didn’t really know what I was smelling at the time, so I put the sample away and when I re-visited it, I realized the opportunity that I lost.

sami, PEARL, Edward Muller and 2 others like this.
  9. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

This makes me feel a little better of myself. i don't own many oils but Sultan Sufyan was the first oil i owned and made me fall in love with oud oils. The only problem i have it was a sample and i think it oxidized, it has lost it nuances and now has an incredibly intense antibiotic smell, it still moves me though.

PEARL, peter4ptv, KHH and 2 others like this.
  10. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

Me...only overhyped one :Cooler::D

peter4ptv likes this.

Promote Oud!