Mr.P

oud<3er
Been playing around with using lasers to burn oud wood. It's really a great way to carefully observe the aroma. It is possible to create very high temperatures in very small areas - and also to use very gentle heat as well (by changing the focus of the beam). Again, what makes it so appealing is how instantaneous and precise the technique is. You could compare the aroma of different sides of a single piece of oud no larger than a caper... the size of the area that gets burned can be made as small as the "period" at the end of this sentence.

if you like to burning small pieces of wood specially if kyara or qi nan or any high quality wood better way to use shoyeido battery burner...

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
Been playing around with using lasers to burn oud wood. It's really a great way to carefully observe the aroma. It is possible to create very high temperatures in very small areas - and also to use very gentle heat as well (by changing the focus of the beam). Again, what makes it so appealing is how instantaneous and precise the technique is. You could compare the aroma of different sides of a single piece of oud no larger than a caper... the size of the area that gets burned can be made as small as the "period" at the end of this sentence.
Interesting , SubanAllah , That is the 1st I heard about using a laser to burn Aggarwood , I can Imagine using on Sandalwood would be amazing ways to see the different nuances , I Use electric Kodo Burner with Mica but your Technique sounds incredible bros , If you don't mind me asking "Where did you get that laser from ? & are you hanging with people from the year 4000 ? just Joking , but seriously , How did you stumble on this new technique ?

Mr.P

oud<3er
I was just messing around. I teach science so am always interested in scientific tech and optical gizmos. Burning lasers are cheap these days. $50 to $100 for a decent one. It's not a way to fumigate your room but if you want to compare the aroma of little splinters with no wait time or mess, this is a good way to do it. The area heated is literally no larger than a pinhole.

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
I was just messing around. I teach science so am always interested in scientific tech and optical gizmos. Burning lasers are cheap these days. $50 to $100 for a decent one. It's not a way to fumigate your room but if you want to compare the aroma of little splinters with no wait time or mess, this is a good way to do it. The area heated is literally no larger than a pinhole.
Amazing , & incredible , sounds awesome for portable travel :)

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
If you looking for portable one best thing shoyeido battery burner for tiny wood or new kyarazen battery burner for more higher heating , little bit expansive but indeed I will buy one later ...
JazakaAllah Mandeel Bhaia , will have to get that now , lol , you gave me De Je Vu , when I was a Kid My friends father had a portable burner in his car connected to the cigarette lighter , the smells in his car was out of this world bros , will never for get those days , Arabs sure love the Oud bros SubanAllah , ;)

JazakaAllah Mandeel Bhaia , will have to get that now , lol , you gave me De Je Vu , when I was a Kid My friends father had a portable burner in his car connected to the cigarette lighter , the smells in his car was out of this world bros , will never for get those days , Arabs sure love the Oud bros SubanAllah , ;)

This quality still can find online but I don't think it will be high quality, kyarazen new one look really high quality and in good price one of member here have it last time I contact kyarazen he said out of stock but soon he will have it but you know holy month are coming , happy Ramadan to all brothers & friends...

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
How about using solar energy and some glass light focusing lenses... It's much less precise than laser for sure and probably harder to control... but once mastered it could be effective. Well, just an idea. :)