Oudamberlove said:
Sometimes the choices are overwhelming, light a stick?, heat a chip?, go with Sandalwood?, swipe an Oud and then which one?
these are the most pleasurable questions of the day, because in the end, they are all so satisfying.
Thats depends on your day mood when I feel so relax after long time work and sleep good I like to burn KZ sticks ... 😎

P_20170428_202558_zpsofarjr6r.jpg

P_20170428_202741_zpszqyrcdux.jpg

OuddictS. Have a nice weekend!:handok:

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
still cannot get to the sticks and agarwood chips to burn all just smells like smoke with no aroma to me, the only think i burn is:
Royal Green Hojari Frankincense
It calms and relaxes me nicely.

Sensitive sense of smell, this means your senses are more acute than the average person; a good thing for someone who loves smelling :D.

What you will need to do is gradually introduce heating from a distant, for example burn the scent in another room in the house, maybe with open windows, then you be in another room. Slowly get your calibration adjusted with the heated scent.

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
IMG_3739.jpg

Contemplating making a batch of superb Agar-based Tibetan incense, utilizing some very special Medical Grade, superbly potent herbs.

One of the keys ingredients is a special Dao Di grade of Tibetan high altitude Saffron, which only has a window of 2 hours each day that it can be harvested, and a period of only several weeks each year that it can be collected.

The herbs have already been compounded...just trying to decide which Agarwood to use. What sounds better:

Brunei Microcarpa, with its distinctive Green and Floral notes? (Left wood)

Or a Hybrid Terroire Malaccensis - gathered from a special region just outside of Brunei where the the soil flavors of Brunei and Sabah begin to mingle? (Right wood)

Both have superb scent, and a fine scent of both Oil and Resin. Can't go wrong with either choice!

What do YOU think??

hedycent

True Ouddict
View attachment 1252
Contemplating making a batch of superb Agar-based Tibetan incense, utilizing some very special Medical Grade, superbly potent herbs.

One of the keys ingredients is a special Dao Di grade of Tibetan high altitude Saffron, which only has a window of 2 hours each day that it can be harvested, and a period of only several weeks each year that it can be collected.

The herbs have already been compounded...just trying to decide which Agarwood to use. What sounds better:

Brunei Microcarpa, with its distinctive Green and Floral notes? (Left wood)

Or a Hybrid Terroire Malaccensis - gathered from a special region just outside of Brunei where the the soil flavors of Brunei and Sabah begin to mingle? (Right wood)

Both have superb scent, and a fine scent of both Oil and Resin. Can't go wrong with either choice!

What do YOU think??
How did I miss this post?
Which did you end up using? Did you make sticks or powder? Has the blend matured yet?

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
How did I miss this post?
Which did you end up using? Did you make sticks or powder? Has the blend matured yet?

Sorry on my delay of response! I have been very busy these past few days, and just saw this :)

So - I've tried it with both the Microcarpa and the Hybrid region. Both worked quite nicely! Which made me want to try a few more combos...

Some beautiful Indian Sandalwood and Vietnamese wood...as good as the two above are, I think I liked this combo the best. The powderiness of the Sandal and the sweetness of the Viet (Hoi An region tends to be the sweetest) paired beautifully with the floral notes of the Tibetan herbs.

I kept it as a loose mix. Seems to be two entirely different sessions depending on how it is used - on an electric vs fumigation. The smoke from fumigation is penetrating. Like - "opens the window to your soul" kinda feeling. haha On an electric, its a very pleasant floral malty agarwoody note that is very calming and grounding. Crazy how the same thing can be so profound in two very different ways. I'd say the experiment was a success! :)

Munira

Oud Beginner
Peter , nice sticks set ðŸ˜, Well sticks smell are different way than raw Agarwood the Agarwood are better so far and different note and I can know the origin of wood from the smell I think you need to burn Agarwood in low heat then u can smell the real aroma sadly im very sick since 3 days and I can't breath so good and I can't burn any wood ...

Hi,

The best homemade incense in available here:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BakhoorStore

sío

Noudle
Good morning Pearl i Just put the frankincense on the mica and turn the heater on and it work amazing and i really enjoy even with medium grade of frankincense my next target to get Royal quality green frankincense inshallah soon... :cool:

I realise you posted a while ago, but I've received some really lovely green Hojari from a vendor called vanilla2you. They have their own site, but also sell on eBay and Etsy. The quality seems to vary somewhat from order to order, so I'd suggest buying in small amounts.

And I can vouch for the vendor in the post immediately above mine - her work is very beautiful.