Philip

Oud Fan
Hello to all -

I am new to this forum and I look forward to corresponding and exchanging ideas with you all.

While I am new to the world of Oud, I have lived in the GCC and the scent enchants and fascinates me. I was hoping to get some advice about which regions best suit my preferences.

When it comes to Dehn Oud, I like the following notes: Resinous, Pine, Balsamic, Leather, Smoke. I am also not afraid of animalic.

As far as my dislikes (or least preferable): Green, light, excessive floral

From your experience, which region or Aquilaria tree should I purchase? In the past, I have not been disappointed by Cambodi oils.

Any opinions?

Best regards!

Last edited:

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Welcome and it sounds like you need a good Hindi from what you have described those notes are found in Hindis. Have you tried any Hindi Ouds already or not?

Faizal_p

Sulaym.co.uk
Hello Sir, from your descriptions i would recommend Agollocha (Hindi), Malacensis (Hindi, Laos, Malay), maybe Hirta (Malay/ Indo) and Crassna (Cambodia, Thai, Viet)
Most of the vendors here will have oils from these species, have a look round. If you need any further info i'm available on PM

Hi OudSeeker,
I suggest trying a sample pack, I wish that when I was new to Oud that I could have tried a sample pack of pure Ouds. Unfortunately I had to rise through blends before discovering pure oud.