Has Anyone Tried The Ghaliyah From Rrp And Your Thoughts ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Edward Muller, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Ever since swiping the Ghalyiah al Misk from Elixir and the ASO’s Ghalyiah - I have been on the lookout for Ghalyiah. Stumbled upon RRP’s Ghalyiah Al Molouk, just wanted to see if anyone of you had the experience to try it... and if so how does it compare to Elixir and ASO’s?

2. OudGood

OudGood Oud Fan

Elixir's AlGhaliya Bulgare Fleuri Et Animalique was unique. It was heavy on ambergris. Very floral. I loved it.

Arsalan and Edward Muller like this.
  3. OudGood

OudGood Oud Fan

In fact, ambergris content in it is 40% !!

Arsalan likes this.
  4. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

I did consider it at one point ! But floral is not my thing (usually compositions that are dominant on that turns quite feminine on my skin ) , of course there are exceptions but I wasn’t sure about this.. so I didn’t go for it .... haha

Arsalan and OudGood like this.
  5. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

I believe @jensz and @Sproaty both smelled it at the Ouddict Fayre

Mine is less floral and more Saffron, Musk, and Woody Leather.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:06 PM
  6. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

I can't remember it sorry, think I only smelled from the cap

7. is38

is38 Whats this Oud About?

Edward,

I got to try RPP's Ghaliyah Al Molouk at Oud Fayre in Vegas. I have not tried the ones from Elixir or ASO. So I do not have that point of reference. But what I can say is that JK's Ghaliyah Al Molouk is absolutely beautiful. I spent over an hour trying the 30-40 different attars and oud oils that he brought to Vegas. The Ghaliyah was one of three oils that I got full bottles bottles of. It's gorgeous. Very well balanced. The saffron does stand out. I know JK had a limited amount of samples available for this oil. Try it out.

Let me know if you have recommendations for other ghaliyahs.

8. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I remember trying RPP's Al Ghaliyah. I can't compare it to either of the other 2 you are considering, but it struck me as incredibly smooth and as is38 indicated well-balanced. I've tried Ghaliyas where the rose was just way too big or the components were just not well-integrated but here everything seemed perfect. I agree that the saffron is prominent, but it doesn't stick out too much from the whole splendid composition.

9. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Thank you everyone for your input - really appreciate it !

RisingPhoenix likes this.

Promote Oud!