Feel-oud Santal 100k (finale?)

Discussion in 'Sandalwood' started by Fragrant Vagrant, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Ohh! Thanks a lot.

2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@Rai Munir sorry i was reffering to the first sandal 100k

Rai Munir likes this.
  3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

@Oudamberlove
    Mysore Sandal from different vendors are available.
    Assam Agarwood
    Ensar Oud: I think just a few days before it was available. Mysore Santal 1984.
    Imperial Oud (Musore 02, and Mysore 14): Both are available even now. One that has gone was 100 years old, but I couldn't smell that.
    Tyson (Celestial Gold, Inkanyezi, Aluhlaza): The last one I haven't tried yet, but within a couple of days it will be here.
    Ali Brothers
    Feel Oud: Recently he released Mysore Sandal.

Though all are Mysore, but differences are there. Natural it is. Would please post your take on these oils, and suggest which one is more beautiful to your olfactory?

I mentioned those that are known by majority of respected members.

Thanks

PS: I badly miss dear and respected Santal Claus.

Joe King and Arsalan like this.
  4. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

It is interesting @Rai Munir that out of all the ones you mentioned, one really stands out in terms of price...IO’s Mysore 2014...just placed an order yesterday, as i tend to use a fair bit of sandal...including a couple swipes as an aftershave, head is shaved too..at least for now before Canadian winter begins... :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
    Looking forward to seeing how it compares...

Also, to include in your list, are Mysore oils by @RisingPhoenix. He offers range from more creamy to more woody...his 2016 Resinous Mysore is one i really like...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Rai Munir, RisingPhoenix and Joe King like this.
  5. Agil

Agil Whats this Oud About?

In addition, Antony Bolton also has his own distillation sandalwood oils

6. Agil

Agil Whats this Oud About?

JK has a great range and variety of Sandal oils. Each of them very distinct. Indian, Indonesian & Srilankan.

I am sure he is going to bulk up that collection, by adding sandal from every country that grows the treasured tree!!

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  7. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Yes, dear Oudamberlove, two more entries, though I haven't tried Bolton's.
    Okay, now two more:
    JK's Mysore santal
    Bolton's Santal

PS: Just Mysore, none other, please.

Arsalan and RisingPhoenix like this.
  8. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

I like where your head is at!!

As you've noticed...slowly expanding the collection ;)

Arsalan and Agil like this.
  9. RisingPhoenix

@Rai Munir - you NEED to try the Umami Ceylon and Kopondai Flores. You'll understand why when you do ;)

And if you're all about Mysore - then you certainly need to try the Kota Kupang, as well. Would fool anyone trying it blind that it was an incredible Mysore oil :)

Rai Munir, Arsalan and Joe King like this.
  10. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Dear Rai, from your list I only tried
    JK’s Special Reserve 2nd batch,
    IO’s Mysuru Santal 2002,
    and Ali Brothers. That’s all:(

Mysuru hits you with a woody note, very similar to a bottle of Magnus Mabee and Reynard from the 1950s.

JK’s SR and Ali Bros ride on the same string, with the winning edge I give to Ali Bros. It has a more concentrated aroma and more aging.

I let Ensar try my Fritzsche Brothers USP....he said it is similar to his 1984.
    I also tried the Fritzsche Brothers Mysore from Al Shareef Oudh. Very close as well to my FB USP. Within that string is the first Royal Mysore offered by Zak, two different bottles from Dodge & Olcott, and the nameless vintage Mysore that I got from an old timer in Iowa. All of those seven have the all-around beauty of Mysore that I prefer.
    When I want a deeper Mysore experience, Santal Midy, but since they have been in capsules for decades, there is a little bit of auxiliary notes. Only the Santal Midy with Mysore on the label. The other two versions of Santal Midy are not very Mysore-like.
    The most beautiful Mysore I smelled is from Fritzsche Brothers NF. Not strong, but a dainty smell of actual juicy Shoyeido Sandalwood chips at room temperature. Only the red meat Shoyeido chips that still appear moist, and similar to the “freshly sawn” red meat mysore from JK.

For an economical Mysore, the oil I got from RK&Sons is decent. Especially being nearly five years aging since I got some. I don’t know about their current batch.

There were also three sample vials that were decent, but I don’t even remember who gave them to me:Roflmao:

The aged Mysore offered by Kyarazen is similar to the vintage Crown(India) Sandalwood oil. They both seem to target the Taiwanese market, therefore they are very light. Not deep buttery. Nice stuff, but does not satisfy that classic Mysore urge.

I have not tried any of EO’s Santals. I was finding vintage oils for a fraction of the price:Cooler:

I even found a vintage bottle of Santalol by Polak and Schwarz, the founders of the current IFF (International Flavors and Fragrances). It smelled like the drydown portion of the Mysore... no top notes.

I wish I tried all the other oils you mentioned.
    My loss I’m sure, but I stopped buying because of my current surplus of Sandalwood oil:Whistling:

Rai Munir, Arsalan, Joe King and 2 others like this.
  11. RisingPhoenix

Sounds like a heck of a collection! :)

12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

The day our government lifted ban from transferring funds, I will.

Umami will reach within a couple of weeks or months.

RisingPhoenix and Arsalan like this.

Promote Oud!