Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Oud Fan

Absolutely beautiful! :Thumbsup:

Chip Burns and Joe King like this.
  2. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dear Joe, if it is manufactured by you, PLEASE DON'T TRY AT HOME:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:.

Chip Burns, Joe King and Oudamberlove like this.
  3. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: but what a fragrant way to go.:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  4. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

@Zahir
    japanese incense houses. try japan icnense. keep an eye on kyara zen's 2088 tea website. some offered time to time. also tony bolton's agar aroma website. not all kinams are the same. and i have to say what i have sourced from kyara zen is best to date. plus the vietnam kinam from ensar is the real deal. the brunei kinam is very nice but is not in the very very top.

Chip Burns likes this.
  5. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

Thank you for the advice. At japan incense website, there are many retailers and I am unfamiliar with all of them! Do you know which 'brands' offer true Kinam?

Also, is Kinam sold only as kodo chips (for monkoh sessions) or it is not uncommon to come across dust/small shavings of Kinam being sold as Kinam?

6. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::p

7. Rasoul Salehi

they come in squares, shavings, dust... is all about the scent at the end. via japanese regardless of where you buy is all vietnam and green oil kyara. shin kyara is still kyara but younger and not as mind blowing. yamadamatsu is a good place to start. if i were you though i would start with an email to kyara zen.

Arsalan and Joe King like this.
  8. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

Thanks. So, breaking down wood into smaller pieces such as from chips to shavings to dust does not affect its aroma? I would expect powder/dust to not be as high quality as the wood chips. Am i wrong? Especially in terms of long term storage, I'm afraid that dust and shavings would loose some of their top aromas...

Rai Munir and Oudamberlove like this.
  9. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I wish I knew the facts on wood storage also.
    Not to mention, woods with a high oil content versus high resin content, which one stores better, and which will be subject to change.

10. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Heating agarwood heals internal organs.
    Peace.

Chip Burns likes this.
  11. Rasoul Salehi

at low temp it makes no big difference. and you relly want to go low low low low with kinam/kyara

12. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Some fantastic incense sticks I bought from JK @ the Oud Fayre - Khushboo - he said they're like the higher end Nag Champa. They seem much sweeter and are burning away 5+ foot away from me but filling my room with a delicious aroma :)

Chip Burns likes this.
  13. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Shoyeido Five Clouds (Go-un)

Good stuff:Thumbsup:

14. Rasoul Salehi

Yes. Truly is. Rare awesome shoyeido along with infinity and TP

Chip Burns and Oudamberlove like this.
  15. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

Definitely some of the finest incense sticks I have, thanks @Oudamberlove

Chip Burns and Oudamberlove like this.
  16. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I’m glad you like it:)

17. Chip Burns

Chip Burns Oud Fan

was blessed to have hooked up with @Faizal_p from IO at the Oud Fayre in Vegas ... and even more blessed to have gotten my hands on a few grams of rare Hong Kong chips. these are truly awesome ... only on the Kodo cup for these bad boys.

Arsalan, Sproaty and Rai Munir like this.
  18. Chip Burns

Chip Burns Oud Fan

@Joe King Love the look.... can you shoot out a pick of the heating element and what material you chose for the element?

Arsalan and Sproaty like this.
  19. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

EO Nha Trang “Anthole” - Can’t find the words to describe the aroma, maybe need a few more sessions to become more familiar...but very enjoyable & relaxing...
    there were a lot of small pieces so crushed up a little in a miniature mortar & pestle, low heat...seems like crushing it really brings out the aroma...

Chip Burns, Sproaty and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  20. Rasoul Salehi

Totally. I find the grind siZe affecting the temperature as much as temperature and wood quality. Sometimes I like the come at you at once quality of heating powder or fine coarse granules other times I like a thicker nug for its slow and multi layer approach. Beauty in so many way is all around us

Chip Burns, Sproaty and Arsalan like this.

Promote Oud!