Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Zahir

Zahir Guest

@PEARL Your point is spot on.

May I ask you this: how do you go about figuring out the correct manner of heating and the amount of wood needed to scent an entire room? Do you have a principle you follow in terms of amount and heating method? Or do you base it off trial and error? Because I have noticed that if I turn up the heat on subitism style burner on my wood, I most definitely start smelling burnt wood smell alongside the agarwood notes. My suspicion is that I just need more wood and use the same lower heat that I use for personal mon-koh style sessions in order to scent the room. Thoughts? Advice? :)

Chip Burns and PEARL like this.
  2. Zahir

Zahir Guest

This also reminds me of the advice by KZ on his website that fragrant wood is best bought in person so you may test the aroma before buying. Kyara is just a grade given to agarwood. Whether it smells to your liking or not: well you can only find out by heating it! :D Same for oils.

Rai Munir and alcolado glacial like this.
  3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Comprehensive post.

Such coinages are enough to know the reality: Vietnemese Kinam, Brunei Kynam, Malysian Kinam, Papuan Kyara, Burmese Kyara, etc. Then there is only refuge: "It is a profile."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    alcolado glacial likes this.
  4. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

In my opinion kyara and kinam is more about the psychoactive effects than the scent. Kyara is the only agarwood that has the most deepest spiritual effect of all the agarwoods i tried. that tingly effect on the back of the skull, instant zen focus ability and a certain presence in the air when you burn it. If these effect are not felt, consider yourself lucky not having to pay that extra 500 lol. I do like other agarwood for different effects. for example sinking philipinas by i.o has a very body stoned high effect. Really nice if you want to stretch out on the bed lol. Kyara has a lucid high, while other agarwoods are more narcotic. Indian agarwood has a deeply grounding and soothing narcotic effect on me.It depends what effects you seek. of course they all smell beautiful.

5. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

My advice would be to contact KyaraZen, purchase a couple grams of Ky Nam from him and heat a bamboo charcoal outside and let is rest for 30 minutes, then bring it in and add on it without doing anything else a piece that is 1.5mm x 5mm or close enough and sit about 500mm away and enjoy. When it has all stopped. Leave the room and come back, and then you will have enjoyed a few different facets of the ky nam experience.

To get a fuller bodied experience you will need to heat larger pieces.

Chip Burns and Ashfaque like this.
  6. Zahir

Zahir Guest

Do you the current at this voltage? Afterall, that is what is causing the wire to heat. Voltage just generates the current based on the resistance.

7. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

Ceram 97 - E.O

On the lowest . I'm almost licking the heater. woooow. perfumey undetactable oudiness flowers, but my god the effect is there. these older agarwood pieces are very peaceful. If you can get it you won't regret it. all agarwooded out of my mind, but i don't mind. this is lowest setting? where will it go when the boosters go off???

In love with subtle oils? , don't like smoke? Go Ceram before it's gone. Peace out

Rai Munir and Arsalan like this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Now you are looking ecstatic. This is 'your fragrance' then. Otherwise, your sentence structure is not like the one I see in this post. Stay fragrant!

alcolado glacial likes this.
  9. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

Sinking Philippine from @Habz786 - seriously enjoying this one...very relaxing aroma...

Chip Burns, PEARL, Rai Munir and 2 others like this.
  10. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Finally finished (almost) my wood heater :D:D:D
    so heating some borneo wood from habz

Attached Files:

Chip Burns, Sproaty, Habz786 and 5 others like this.
  11. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Oud Fan

Absolutely beautiful! :Thumbsup:

Chip Burns and Joe King like this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dear Joe, if it is manufactured by you, PLEASE DON'T TRY AT HOME:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:.

Chip Burns, Joe King and Oudamberlove like this.
  13. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: but what a fragrant way to go.:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  14. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

@Zahir
    japanese incense houses. try japan icnense. keep an eye on kyara zen's 2088 tea website. some offered time to time. also tony bolton's agar aroma website. not all kinams are the same. and i have to say what i have sourced from kyara zen is best to date. plus the vietnam kinam from ensar is the real deal. the brunei kinam is very nice but is not in the very very top.

Chip Burns likes this.
  15. Zahir

Zahir Guest

Thank you for the advice. At japan incense website, there are many retailers and I am unfamiliar with all of them! Do you know which 'brands' offer true Kinam?

Also, is Kinam sold only as kodo chips (for monkoh sessions) or it is not uncommon to come across dust/small shavings of Kinam being sold as Kinam?

16. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::p

17. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

they come in squares, shavings, dust... is all about the scent at the end. via japanese regardless of where you buy is all vietnam and green oil kyara. shin kyara is still kyara but younger and not as mind blowing. yamadamatsu is a good place to start. if i were you though i would start with an email to kyara zen.

Arsalan and Joe King like this.
  18. Zahir

Zahir Guest

Thanks. So, breaking down wood into smaller pieces such as from chips to shavings to dust does not affect its aroma? I would expect powder/dust to not be as high quality as the wood chips. Am i wrong? Especially in terms of long term storage, I'm afraid that dust and shavings would loose some of their top aromas...

Rai Munir and Oudamberlove like this.
  19. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I wish I knew the facts on wood storage also.
    Not to mention, woods with a high oil content versus high resin content, which one stores better, and which will be subject to change.

20. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Heating agarwood heals internal organs.
    Peace.

Chip Burns likes this.

Promote Oud!