Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. halim

halim Oud Relax

2. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

Normal grade Srilankan wood from IO

Very nice smell at room temp and exotic fruit on the coal.

Barak’Allah oufik @Faizal_p

I enjoy it a lot al hamdoulilah all my house smell nice

3. Jimmie Taylor

Jimmie Taylor Doude

Have you ever throwed some musk or ambergris on the burner??

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  4. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Good question Jimmy, i have not heard of people using Musk on a burner would be interesting to know....

5. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

I've tried it mIxed with Oud and frankincense. I think I must've scortched it as the initial sweetness was replaced quite quickly with a burnt acrid smell. Maybe would work better on a very low temp setting blended with other elements

Mandeel AlMandeel and F4R1d0uX like this.
  6. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

I burn it on your burner far from the coil, it permits me knowing the smell.
    In a blend works better.

Best thing to do is to add some oil in the mix it works better :Thumbsup:

7. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek Staff Member

I don't think is good idea best way to heat it in the attar to get best aroma

F4R1d0uX likes this.
  8. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

Testing out a new batch of Super grade Malay wood.
    20171207_140035.jpg

Zarrar, Chip Burns, tyson and 7 others like this.
  9. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Better kill us now, dearest brother Faizal.:(
    Rust colour wood, and black diamond (resin)! Lush!

10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Cultivated Thai Chips and Ceylon Sandal and then Mysore : Basked in immaculate aroma. Heavenly sensation.

11. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

I am enjoying a piece of Hindi oud chip from Zak, AA tonight. This is not new wood which means that the aroma has an age quality to it by way of being pleasantly soft and mellow. I do not detect any of the fresh sappy resin notes here. On low heat the sweet incense like fragrance is wonderfully captivating and elegant, occasionally surprising me with new developments. The whiffs of aromas bring back childhood memories of temples and religious ceremonies. Breathing in deeply I can feel my mind clearing and a blanket of peace and comfort enveloping my consciousness. This is a good piece of oud and much respect goes out to dear Zak.

12. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Agreed. I think I have the Same wood purchased from zak a month ago

VPhong and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  13. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

Great! I am awaiting delivery of another Hindi oud chip that was more recently made available by AA. Curious to see the difference between them.

14. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Some Bengali chips from TO, not very dense but the aroma i would say is Okish dont last too long due to this

Zarrar, VPhong and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  15. Chip Burns

Chip Burns Oud Fan

Shared some Cultivated Super Trat with my sister who is visiting from Massachusetts, my one true Oudh buddy.. followed by some Sinking grade Lao and ended the session with a sliver of Siri Lankan chips .... one of the lesser mentioned enjoyments of the act of "burning" Oudh is the refreshing and often exhilarating feeling that one experiences when stepping out into the brisk December air and the cold air captures and carries the particles of the smoke that has inundated the fabrics you are wearing back to your nose. MaShaAllah.

AbasFrag, tyson, Ouddict and 5 others like this.
  16. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek Staff Member

Great day start Mashallah :D

Funky Smokes likes this.
  17. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

Appearances can be deceiving:confused:o_O:confused: :Geek:

Heating up and comparing 2 oud chips from TO. The darker and thicker piece is artificial inoculation (Raw Aged Oud Wood), the thin and lighter piece is by natural infection (Raw A'shli Oud Wood). Appearances sure can be deceiving, the chip with the lighter shade really surpasses the darker chip in all areas of performance in terms of strength and longevity. Both have a similar profile, that classic sweet Hindi incense aroma which is a lovely scent. In my eyes the natural infected chip is a bit thin and brittle but the price is low and accommodating. A good choice for everyday use.

Attached Files:

Zarrar, riviera274 and Youssef like this.
  18. Chip Burns

Chip Burns Oud Fan

I just made my initial contact with TO ... will be ordering the (Raw Aged Oud Wood) and (Raw A'shli Oud Wood) from them, have long been searching for a source of Oudh from the Sylhet region in Bangladesh. That will be in the future InShaAllah, but for this morning we will be jamming on some Vietnamese Yellow Soil Special from Tony Bolton @Agar Aromas , utilising Kōdō (香道, "Way of Fragrance") method. I'm a true novice to this method but using it more and more to control my pyromaniac tendencies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  19. Youssef

Youssef Whats this Oud About?

Oh my word what beautiful photos! Thanks for blessing my day, haha.

20. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Nice pictures @Chip Burns its always relaxing seeing the Kodo setup and Tony has some great wood. The TO woods are nice for plantation woods, they arent very dense but smell pleasent. I have attached pictures of their Ashli oud (single piece) and raw aged Oud (3 pieces) for you to see.

Attached Files:

Promote Oud!