Mr.P

oud<3er
I tried to start a thread about having a section for people who are interested in working with an all natural palette.

You would think that would be a simple question but the guys over there get really bent out of shape anytime somebody suggests this and it is frustrating. It’s been taken over by a bunch of narrowly focused self aggrandizing doofuses it seems…

Has anyone else found this? Pretty much worthless for getting help if you’re not interested in petro chemical perfumery?

Last edited:

C-Sauce

Oud Fan
I tried to start a thread about having a section for people who are interested in working with an all natural palette.

You would think that would be a simple question but the guys over there get really bent out of shape anytime somebody suggests this and it is frustrating. It’s been taken over by a bunch of narrowly focused self aggrandizing doofuses it seems…

Has anyone else found this? Pretty much worthless for getting help if you’re not interested in petro chemical perfumery?
Fragrantica is worse. I had hundreds of posts and I got banished for saying something positive about Elon. Leftism is a cancer.

Scentlover98

Oud Fan

Unfortunately that’s what I have encountered so far aswell. Everytime someone ask a genuine question about natural perfumery there are always IFFRA-brainwashed(not everything what IFFRA does is bad) people who comment on such treads without really reading the question. They immediately start bombarding you with studies and this and that and allergies etc. and even think that you are an irresponsible person for just asking a SIMPLE question because of risk etc. ———> without anybody talking about perfumery as a „business“ Model, instead just as maybe a hobby for themselves.
I have seen comments where they try to lecture you instead of minding their own buissnes

Scentlover98

Oud Fan
Like you said @Mr.P it would be very helpful to find a forum where people help, respect and support each other with information from their experience. I really would appreciate such a place and I slowly have the feeling that this Place is not Basenotes. But since such a place doesn’t exist I think we have to stick with Basenotes for a while and deal with the „narrowly focused self aggrandizing doofuses“ People

Mr.P

oud<3er
Basenotes is great and I hope it never fails. It is a more open forum which is convenient for me, especially as I start my own fragrance business. I do think it’s kind of reflecting a few dominant personalities and those guys come and go over the years for the most part so I think if people just continue to post about what they love and respectfully ask the peanut gallery to only chime in when they have something constructive to offer… It might get back to its old glory. It is really nice having both Basenotes and Ouddict. They are complementary: one site as a kind of cooperative for vetted vendors of fine natural materials, and the other is a straight-up hobbyist oriented site. It is interesting that at the current moment there are more hobbyists sharing about their projects in a mutually affirming way here than at BN so it is much more interesting to post here.

Last edited: