Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Self made Oud-Loban attar

Black Frankincense(Rich/resinous)
Frankincense Oil from Tyson(Very Bright and Lemony)
Davana(This particular batch was very tea-like with a tad bit of woody nuances)
Bengali Oud(Dry Hay like notes)
Kham Lao(Just a touch)

The result is a simple but very relaxing scent. Quite easy on nose.

Medoud

Oud Beginner
Jinkoh Store - Sunset in Ceylon
I was looking forward to this release because first of all I never smelled Ceylon sandalwood before, second rose is my favorite floral note.
The whole blend is constructed around this pretty complex oceanic / citrusy / creamy Ceylon sandalwood note, complemented with Taif rose, Persian rose, Isparta rose and white ambergis . It's a pretty balanced composition, it exudes pure class and luxury.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
'Scented' myself with Maroke Oud and Ambergris tincture.

This has been tinctured for more than an year now. Starts off quite animalic as I had some brown and black pieces alongwith white grade added to the tincture.
Apart from the first couple minutes of savagery, all I smell is sweet berries, tobacco, smoke, wood and incense with a bit of powdery nuances. The dry down is just out of this world. Quite addictive. The way ambergris reacts with oud is just outlandish.
Need to make some adjustments to 'mask' the animalic opening. I would not want to change a lot in the way it smells.
Suggestions are welcome.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Hard to put into words. Rounding / softening? For me it makes certain sweet and sour Thai oils more tolerable. It also kind of modifies the unclean / funk notes of some ouds. I would say it makes fecal/ sour/ rotten notes smell kind of mellow and more refined.

Its effect is surprising to me but honestly... why ask me when you have both in front of you? Put a dab of ambrette on one wrist, a dab of your blend on the other, rub them together and sniff. You might like it - don't need much ambrette.

Last edited:

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Hard to put into words. Rounding / softening? For me it makes certain sweet and sour Thai oils more tolerable. It also kind of modifies the unclean / funk notes of some ouds. I would say it makes fecal/ sour/ rotten notes smell kind of mellow and more refined.

It's effect is surprising to me but honestly... why ask me when you have both in front of you? Put a dab of ambrette on one wrist, a dab of your blend on the other, rub them together and sniff. You might like it - don't need much ambrette.
Got it. I'll give it a try. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Elixir's Al-Ghaliyah Bulgare Fleuri et Animalique

Plush florals on a bed of musk and ambergris. Fantastic attar striking a fine balance between florals and animalic nuances.
Opulent, luxurious, prolific, rich, lavish, deluxe and some more superlatives ❤️

When I smell it close, I feel somewhat of a astringent like feeling which makes it very REAL smelling. You'll get what I am saying if you are from Indian subcontinent or have had Gulkand(rose jam) before.

Mustafa

True Ouddict
Elixir's Al-Ghaliyah Bulgare Fleuri et Animalique

Plush florals on a bed of musk and ambergris. Fantastic attar striking a fine balance between florals and animalic nuances.
Opulent, luxurious, prolific, rich, lavish, deluxe and some more superlatives ❤️

When I smell it close, I feel somewhat of a astringent like feeling which makes it very REAL smelling. You'll get what I am saying if you are from Indian subcontinent or have had Gulkand(rose jam) before.
This is one of my favorites compositions. My brother Ahmed has done a fantastic job with this masha Allah. I also have the extra musky one. Another heavy hitter.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
This is one of my favorites compositions. My brother Ahmed has done a fantastic job with this masha Allah. I also have the extra musky one. Another heavy hitter.
Indeed brother. I have 2 versions too. The latest one I got is a bit more on the 'animalique' side. I ordered it as a gift for a dear friend but had no opportunity to meet and actually gift it. So, I've been smelling it from the cap ever since.

How do you like the extra musky one?
Btw, did you get the ouds from him delivered yet? How do you feel about those?

Mustafa

True Ouddict
Indeed brother. I have 2 versions too. The latest one I got is a bit more on the 'animalique' side. I ordered it as a gift for a dear friend but had no opportunity to meet and actually gift it. So, I've been smelling it from the cap ever since.

How do you like the extra musky one?
Btw, did you get the ouds from him delivered yet? How do you feel about those?
TBH I like both. I use them depending on the mood and weather. Version 2, as you rightly said, has got the muskiness overpowering the floral elements. I love the airy floral elements of version 1, it just lifts my mood and creates a positive aura. Whereas version 2 is more deep and heavy suited for a serious event. love both alhamdulillah.
The oud package is sitting with my freind. I am in rural area, so some packages don't come directly to me. Due to Ramadan I am not travelling. Insha Allah after Ramadan I will get my oud package.
How did you feel about the hindi oud brother? I am so excited to try the hindi.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
TBH I like both. I use them depending on the mood and weather. Version 2, as you rightly said, has got the muskiness overpowering the floral elements. I love the airy floral elements of version 1, it just lifts my mood and creates a positive aura. Whereas version 2 is more deep and heavy suited for a serious event. love both alhamdulillah.
The oud package is sitting with my freind. I am in rural area, so some packages don't come directly to me. Due to Ramadan I am not travelling. Insha Allah after Ramadan I will get my oud package.
How did you feel about the hindi oud brother? I am so excited to try the hindi.
:handok:You need to try that first and then would talk again. I do not want to influence your experience:)

SOTD Ghaliyah Rosarie by Elixir attar today. It smells much darker as it ages. Loving it.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Elixir Attar - Halawiyatt Sharqiyya
as I get more used to the intense sweetness of Turkish desserts presented in this blend, I got to enjoy this much more.
it doesn't feel sickly sweet anymore and I can sense more nuances that were covered by the sweetness.
the butter note in this blend is really stunning and realistic.

what an amazing gourmand masterpiece it is.... 😋 yumm!

Rai Munir

Musk Man
'Scented' myself with Maroke Oud and Ambergris tincture.

This has been tinctured for more than an year now. Starts off quite animalic as I had some brown and black pieces alongwith white grade added to the tincture.
Apart from the first couple minutes of savagery, all I smell is sweet berries, tobacco, smoke, wood and incense with a bit of powdery nuances. The dry down is just out of this world. Quite addictive. The way ambergris reacts with oud is just outlandish.
Need to make some adjustments to 'mask' the animalic opening. I would not want to change a lot in the way it smells.
Suggestions are welcome.
Well, a tinge of Rose oil would definitely mask the animalic tone you mentioned, IMO.