Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Laith from Mellifluence (Gifted me by dear @Grega)

After a few minutes when it settles it’s smelling quite nice... actually, it’s the best smelling attar I’ve tried up to date, but I’ve tried only 5.
However, the first minutes... oh dear... It's wild... :eek:

Sweet, animalic, leathery, tad like chocolate, a bit like natural fur coat, if you have ever smelled that... o_O

With nice sandalwood base...

It’s very beautiful!

I just feel a bit sorry for all the animals that had to die for this perfum...

Edit: I've just been informed that many of the animals from which the scent materials were extracted were farmed and they were not killed, but sort of "milked"and their life continued...

Last edited:

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
I wonder if all artisanal attars from respected vendors use sandalwood oil as base?
While I really like to smell sandalwood scent, I find it to have more feminine notes, not suitable/matching my style when it comes to wearing when I'm out.

Last edited:

hawk_757

Barn Bro
I wonder if all artisanal attars from respected vendors use sandalwood oil as base?
While I really like to smell sandalwood scent, I find it to have more feminine notes, not suitable/matching my style when it comes to wearing when I'm out.

There are quite a few attars by Sultan Pasha that either don’t have sandal or it’s not detectable. I’m sure other folks have offerings that don’t contain sandal as well, but it is traditional for component “X” to be distilled into sandal IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip

Oud Fan
RPP 2017 Ghaliyah - I love the depth and warmth in this composition.
Few oils make me feel elegant, kinda like EO OS90. This attar is in the same league.
There is an aura of sophistication, mystery and intrigue. Love it!

abu abdullaah

Oud Beginner
RPP 2017 Ghaliyah - I love the depth and warmth in this composition.
Few oils make me feel elegant, kinda like EO OS90. This attar is in the same league.
There is an aura of sophistication, mystery and intrigue. Love it!

its nice but nothing special, i found projection and longevity to be particularly poor

hawk_757

Barn Bro
JK’s Man Musk Attar today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cau

Oud Fanatic
how would you rate this compared to other perfumes?
I have worn Aurum d'Angkhor for over a year and like it enough to have a bottle, though it is still unopened; I'm still working through samples. Rate: with respect to what? Other SP offerings? It is not my favorite of his (Encens Chypre would hold that title), not my most enjoyed (Irisoir, probably).

If I could own only one scent, Aurum would not be it. Not sure what else I can add.

tyson

Oud Alchemist
Royal Green Hojary / Vanilla / Ambergris / OG Kush Cannabis resin

Not sure what id call this one but it smells fabulous. OG kush has this soapy pungent sweet cannabis smell that's really amazing , its quite distinctive.
Its great for the smell but its also very medicinal when worn on the skin so it can absorb . Im sure it would cure many skin conditions

cau

Oud Fanatic
Sultan Pasha's Incense. Not liturgical. Monolithic though. His notes suggest to wear it with something else; I chose not to. A potent incense, but not something I would wear enough to warrant a purchase.

Philip

Oud Fan
RPP Medina Rose Attar
The price is astonishing - this could easily be selling for $350/3g and I wouldn't be mad at all if it did
"Beautiful" does not begin to cover it, guys. Ambergris tickles my nose against a backdrop of musk. A dance of creamy, velvety rose and Hindi barn lead the show. Don't miss out!