Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Turat 2 today by ASO a very bold striking blend with musk at its heart

2. cau

cau Whats this Oud About?

Sultan Pasha's Jardin de Borneo Gardenia. Like a walk in the park, a contrast to the grey Christmas skies.

SydnorIII, Ashfaque and Sproaty like this.
  3. cau

SP Aurum d'Angkhor

Ashfaque likes this.
  4. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

My experimental blend # 6. It has ruh kewra, Persian rose otto, ruh hina flower, 20 yes old patchouli, oud from Agarwood Assam, an all natural sandalwood laden shamama, wild ruh khas and few more crazy things. It is basically a green resinous monster!

5. cau

SP Nankun Kodo.

Ashfaque, SydnorIII and Sproaty like this.
  6. Anwar

Anwar Whats this Oud About?

AWI East Timur Santalum Album Sandalwood Oil. Close to Mysore. Gingery. You might almost want to drink it. It's like an all in one elixir whose drydown is a stunning perfume that you may not expect.

Sproaty likes this.
  7. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly Staff Member

2 by Mellifluence before bed, a very quick test. been on skin for 20mins or so and I've rubbed the oils in slightly

Racine
    Somewhat dark but perhaps not "rich" like with a Sultan Pasha attar, comes across as ethereal. The musk is there but definitely not at the forefront like with ASO's musk attars.

Menthe d'Agar
    yes, very pepperminty and sweet, I'm not getting too much oud but it's probably mixing in and not poking through.

I've bought 4 oils and was kindly sent another 4, so have a load of new scents to get through! I'm still not totally familiar with the oils I bought Abdullah back in, oh, June or so? time flies

p.s. did anyone notice that I'm now a staff member?! You all better be on your best behaviour! :Roflmao::Roflmao::Ninja:

Ashfaque, Grega, SydnorIII and 2 others like this.
  8. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

Wore Vetiver Nocturne by Bortnikoff. Very surprising. The Thai Oud hides well within the florals.

Ashfaque and Sproaty like this.
  9. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Dear Sproaty congratulations! We are indeed in good hands :)

Racine is one of my favorite scents from last year. Especially as it settles and you get that beautiful subtle aroma of labdanum, resins and lichen in perfect harmony. That small amount of musk makes them smell like they were being heated on embers. I feel that a more pronounced musk note would kill this effect.

Sproaty likes this.
  10. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Dewania from Sultan Pasha (earlier today).

SydnorIII and Sproaty like this.
  11. cau

Thebes 1 by Sultan Pasha. This from my second sample. I really should buy the 3ml next time...

Ashfaque, SydnorIII and Sproaty like this.
  12. Dan

Dan Whats this Oud About?

Sheikh Al Faransi - Not Artisanal but a superb Attar composition from the talented Al Faransi.. love the play in this between Wood and Ambergis notes..

janturk47 and SydnorIII like this.
  13. janturk47

janturk47 Just Arrived

Sheikh Al Faransi is a completely natural attar. I asked them about this. and so they answered. Sheikh Al Faransi is also a great attar to me

Dan likes this.
  14. Chipkill

Chipkill Just Arrived

EO Musc 1984

half swipe few days ago -- pal's Maltese dog was stuck to my leg

full swipe couple of days ago -- A feral cat followed me to the parking lot/car and stared at me for a good 20 secs

Are these signs of something ominous, or effects of Musk? :D:Whistling:

Experts help!!

15. cau

Truffe Blanche by Sultan Pasha. Nice lemon. I can recognize the truffles. Earthy but not dirty. To be honest, I much prefer the dirty lemon of Eau Sauvage.

SydnorIII and Sproaty like this.
  16. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

That one reminds me of baking with my Grandma in her kitchen. It also turned me around on Rosa Alba. Excellent stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan likes this.
  17. cau

SP Encens Chypre. Great stuff.

Ashfaque, SydnorIII and Dan like this.
  18. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

One of my first SPA buys. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashfaque and Sproaty like this.
  19. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Malik Al Taif (ALD) earlier today (on skin) - an olfactive orchestra of deer musk, rose (Taif and Indian) and oud. The scent progression on skin is far more complex than on clothes. Starts off with rose, then whilst it was slightly windy in mosque, I could clearly smell deer musk (just like a maceration in sandalwood), followed by an Indian oud, always dignified, never too loud. The oud part was a revelation to me as I 1st thought that someone else was wearing oud! In the later stages, the rose become almost like a dry down of a rose absolute - sweeter and ambery. There is also a hint of saffron making a bit dry and austere along with that humming oudiness.

I wish I could afford 10 bottles of it!

20. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly Staff Member

Some swipes of @RisingPhoenix 's "Man Musk" on top of my fingers - a lovely vintage-styled chypre redolent of scents from the 80s :D

Promote Oud!