Rai Munir

Musk Man
'I've only worn a spray 3 days of the past 3 and half months! But no joke this stuff is amazing. If someone could replicate it as an attar...then, wow.
Yes, it is a pure masculine perfume. Once I wore it almost everyday. Yes, it is amazing. I think, in some of SP's attars have synthetic ingredients. If my memory doesn't fail Mr Sultan Pasha mentioned it somewhere. Hence, any other oil or parfum with synthetics CAN BE gorgeous and CAN BE high-priced.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
"Man Musk" (!) by @RisingPhoenix - smells like a vintage chypre. Lovely, oakmoss to the max.

I ADORE vintage chypres and this sings all sorts of songs for me. Fantastic, great and excellent value. I see a small bottle heading my way shortly (need to sell off some things first....overspent like crazy lately...)

Last edited:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Borneo Oud and Musk Oil Blend: Musky Borneo is a novel experience.

After an hour:

Three Musk, Santal and Ambergris Maceration: Twilight and dusk! It needs more aging to have Ambergris fully orchestrated.

After an hour:

Archipelago, Green Papua and Kashmiri Tibetan Musk Maceration: Just a touch of applicator is enough to listen to the celestial fragrant symphonies. Yes, age does matter if Musk is to be enjoyed.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
I have worn sprays to work this week. All by Areej le Dore (Russian Adam's brand)

I have 1-2ml samples of several and haven't worn in many months and noticed some had evaporated away so I'd better wear them before they waste (they're expensive!)
After a large stint of wearing naturals and no sprays, I have revisited them with perhaps a better nose, and my opinion on the scents isn't as glowing as before. They're all great with amazing lasting power, but just felt somewhat 'off' and rather similar - carrying a vintage chypre vibe.

I've worn,
Siberian Musk
Oud Zen
Atlantic Ambergris
Ottoman Empire
Russian Oud
(I own a bottle of this)

of the 5, Russian Oud is perhaps my favourite - it's quieter than the others and doesn't last as long, but has an edge of refinement to it, and feels less like a vintage scent (not that that's a bad thing to me - I love older frags!). Before getting into ouds and attars I was on the lookout for Siberian Musk, but not so much now. It's absolutely nuclear though, I remember giving my girlfriend one spray and could smell her from about 20ft away - wherever she walked, she left a huge trail of scent in her wake.
now, back to the ouds :D

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Celestial Gold by Tyson: A swipe
Tigerwood by EO: A dab
Kashmiri Musk & Saffron Liquid (
Four month old Saffron Santal maceration, and two weeks before I mixed Kashmiri Musk in the liquid.): A swipe

Celestial rhythmic ripples and the dampness of of deep and dark jungle at night! But the fragrance of Musk and Saffron is beauty!

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Aw shucks guys, thanks :Inlove:
You are; so, I have to recognize.

If you had informed me you had Mongolian Musk as well a year before, I would definitely have requested for that:(. But, now I have it.

Everybody who attended the festival in the US immensely loved Georgian Musk:Roflmao:. After frying the grains up, they are Georgian, not Mongolian. JK, was that fried Mongolian Fried Musk or fried Tibetan Musk? I think respected @jensz posted that time. Moreover, I came to know about @Faizal_p 's appreciation for fried Musk through Faheem.

Grega

True Ouddict
In these cold days I have been wearing more blends than ouds.
The last things I wore were Mughal Amber Oud by Rising Phoenix Productions and Maryam Imperial by Mellifluence.
The first is a beautiful raw amber blended with hindi oud. A perfect marriage. I have to try it more before I post a review but so far I am loving it. It is full of warmth and strength.

As for Maryam Imperial...
Myrrh is at the center of this blend. Every other note works to complement it. The cherry, the warm tobacco, the damascus rose. I can't discern any of these, they are present, sure, but only to add to the most beautiful myrrh scent I had the pleasure of smelling. Sweeter than the last Maryam version, this one is also more subtle and graceful which makes it much more pleasurable in the long run. My one criteria for loving a blend is if I can get lost in the scent. Here I can. After testing it for a couple of months (to avoid my excitement of trying new oils) I can safely say that it is up there with Laith and to an extent Racine as my favourite Mellifluence blends. There are others that I enjoy extremely but with these three I can find no secondary notes that I don't enjoy, nothing unpleasant.

cau

Oud Fanatic
Sultan Pasha's Ensar Rose. I have a sample of this. I'm not a rose fan. The tuberose in the middle is easily recognized, but I get little of the oud in the finale. This is not one of my favorites.

cau

Oud Fanatic
I read that Ensar Rose leverages Oud Yusuf. I also read that Yusuf is easy to wear. Perhaps this is what I'm smelling. Color me doubly unimpressed. Perhaps that's a little strong, but if I'm to wear an oud or an attar I wish to be challenged a bit. Beauty is fine, so long as it comes with an edge. This one is definitely beautiful, but not what I'm looking for. All part of my education...

cau

Oud Fanatic
Sultan Pasha's Encens Chypre. I do like this. The incense and cinnamon-like notes have a nice bite.