Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. sami

sami Oud Fan

Wow...must smell wonderful given the amazing ingredients!

2. Bryan-I

Bryan-I Oud Fan

No experience with musk in Frankincense. Sounds interesting. I want to add more musk to this blend as what I have added only seems to exalt the rose component and not exude the musk I desire for a blend that is named Rose Musk.

3. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Swiped my Al Ghaliyah #2 of 4

#1 was excellent, #4 was very good, this #2 is crazy good!, meaning better than excellent.

It reminds me so much of ASO Al Ruba’ie, add to that a touch of rose...and...BAMM!

I should try #3 next time.

Gee... I wish I could share this experience....if only I could reproduce this to make 500ml, but alas.......some things are just meant to be.

I’m sure that those who choose to experiment with blends will likely stumble upon something really precious:praying:

4. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

PM me for my shipping address and your willingness to share can be resolved :D :D
    :Roflmao::Roflmao::praying:

Oudamberlove, Rai Munir and Arsalan like this.
  5. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Kai Un Koh (Mellifluence) - a wonderful rendition of a Baieido incense (same name).

Sproaty likes this.
  6. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

What did you use in these blends of yours, if I may ask?

7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

#1 through #4 include:
    Musk, Ambergris, Civet, Oud, Sandalwood, and Rose Taifi.

Exclusive to #1:
    Frankincense, Myrrh, and Holyland Incense. The Ouds included were EO Assam Wilde and Oud Duhl Q.

Exclusive to #2:
    Murasakino Incense, Amber (Pinus Succinifera), and Amber (Sumatran Styrax Benzoin).
    Ouds included were the same as #1, with the addition of EO Kambodi X and KZ Cambodia Classic.

Then I took half of #2 to make #3 and filled the remainder of #2 with TO 95 year wild tree oil to make it a full bottle.

I then added the following to make #3 a full bottle:
    HO Mukhmil, EO Assam Organic Meghalaya, EO Xiang Liao Ling, and EO Aroha Kyaku Ltd.

I’ll give #3 a try today, and post it in the mukhallat thread:Cooler:

Finally, I took half of #3 to make #4, and filled the remainder of #3 with more musk and ambergris macerated in sandalwood oil, plus added some ASO Hudhayl and IO Celebes.

To make #4 a full bottle, again, I added more musk and ambergris macerated in sandalwood oil, a touch of Blue Lotus Absolute, a tiny bit more Civet, put nearly half a bottle of HOM Bruneian Hues, and some IO Celebes.

At this point, there will be no more splitting:Roflmao::Roflmao:

These 4 bottles will be the only Al Ghaliyahs that I will make because I already have plans to make at least 8 blends:
    •Musk with Rose
    •Ambergris with Rose
    •A three Amber blend (Ambergris, Amber Resin, and Amber Styrax Benzoin.
    •Oud and Amber (two versions)
    •Frankincense
    •Myrrh
    •Amber resin (my own Shamamatul)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    sami, Bryan-I, Rai Munir and 2 others like this.
  8. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

wow that sounds amazing, oudamberlove. My offer above still stands ;)

Oudamberlove likes this.
  9. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Swiped my Al Ghaliyah #3 of 4 today.

This one is a flop:thumbsdown:

It has no opening impact, and quickly turns into a skin scent.
    It’s as if some ingredients cancelled each other out:(

Therefore, in retrospect, I’m glad that the other three did well.

sami, Rai Munir and Sproaty like this.
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Ashfaque and sami like this.
  11. Anwar

Anwar Whats this Oud About?

Mukhallat with:
    1. East Timur Sandalwood oil
    2. Bulgarian Rose Otto
    3. Himalayan Cedarwood eo
    4. Himalayan Lavendar eo
    5. Aged Hindi Patchouli
    6. Peruvian Palo Santo
    I'd say pleasant. Enjoyable. Light.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Sproaty likes this.
  12. Bryan-I

Bryan-I Oud Fan

Kashmir Oud Attar (personal blend)
    1.5g Zaffrani Santal (AA)
    .25g Zazen (EO)
    .35g Laos 95 (AA)
    .3g Shammama (Sultan Pasha)
    3 drops of Frank/Vanilla (Tyson)
    3 drops each of Vetiver and Jasmine Attar (AA)
    Still lacks something...I think possibly some Sri Lankan oud or musk is needed. Only a little room left in the bottle though.

Ashfaque, Rai Munir and Sproaty like this.
  13. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Well, I think it doesn't lack anything rather Frank Vanilla and Vetiver are superimposed, especially Frank Vanilla. Just imagine if it were not there. Let's see how you manage to control the both.

Bryan-I likes this.
  14. abu abdullaah

abu abdullaah Whats this Oud About?

looking for recommendations for nice attar ready to buy now. i liked aso al ghaaliyah when i had a sample but it isnt available anymore. can anyone recommend anything similar or something different if it is really nice. also any opinions of aso 'teeb'

15. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Just dabbed some Super Malik Shamama (S Md Ayub Md Yaqub). I'm quite happy with it.

16. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

1. Tibetan Musk Sandal Maceration: Four months old. The grains were taken from the Musk Pod. Musk still needs time to dominate Santal.
    2. Tibetan Musk Maceration: Four months old. The grains I acquired from a reliable source. Here Musk feel is quite romantic. Musky sheen on the skin is gorgeous.
    3. Musk Maceration Oil, Borneo Oud, Jasmine: Still needs time when all the ingredients will orchestrate well. But the dry down is beautiful.

I'm enjoying both the Musk macerations, especially the subtle difference in them.

I wanted to avoid wearing or sniffing Musk because a couple of weeks before, due to excessive sniffing, the nose got badly hurt. But dear OudGood, Naveed, ignited my thirst. (Dear Naveed, I will comment later on the maceration you sent to me.)

17. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Zaffrini Sandal by Zak. Lovely stuff, very orange though and will easily stain!

Oudamberlove and Bryan-I like this.
  18. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

RBO “Ceylon Old sandalwood root” - Night swipe, very different, very satisfying...hard to describe ...same genre as RPP’s Umami...

Oudamberlove, Sproaty and riviera274 like this.
  19. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Mysore Santal, K. Musk, Ambergris Maceration: Prismatic! Musk is the nucleus and both Santal and Amber are the orbits.

20. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Promote Oud!