Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Amber Imperial (1st gen, Mellifluence). I wish I could let you all smell this stunner!

@Sproaty if you want to get rid off your 1gr bottle of Shamsher, let me know!

2. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

I smelled Amber Imperial from the bottle today. And then I kept sniffing for a while :Inlove:

But right now I am wearing Laith to bed again and after many wears I have to say it is the most well done blend from Mellifluence that I have tried. There are a few other blends that I love as much as this one but not every time, this one always makes me listen to it. With the others I have to be in the mood. The opening is mesmerising, as it settles it transports you into its depths, just pure olfactory bliss, and the dry down is heaven.
    Were you able to try it before it sold out?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  3. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

shall keep you in mind pal,but I'm likely to use up the 1ml first and move onto the 3ml (in 2 years at the current rate I'm using oils haha)

Ashfaque likes this.
  4. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Thanks @Sproaty .... Slow it down! :D

No I haven't tried Laith. The name itself is amazing.

Abdullah kindly sent me Reunio, Mesnate, Tasmim/n, Pallida, and a few more oils. To me Reunio (his take on Shamama) is like a little sibling of Amber Imperial!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Grega and Joe King like this.
  5. Elixir Attar

Elixir Attar Whats this Oud About?

I am glad you are liking it:) dear

Hosayn and Arsalan like this.
  6. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Dewaniya (Sultan Pasha). Love it!

Hosayn likes this.
  7. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Yaqoot ASO
    A Tiny dab from a generous sample from ASO.
    Probably one of my top 5 attars of all times.
    Definitely for and probably warmer winters.
    Very comforting scent, I would classify this as unisex. Even though it is a simple attar with two ingredients (musk and oud), it houses a range of interesting accords.
    Vanilla Caramel or is it Tonka? It’s sweet and creamy, like a decadent dessert. Compliments the dark fruity notes which eventually takes a a backseat. It is animalic but not like a lioness - rather like a well trained British short fur. A hint of bandaid and camphor. There is also hints of a lush forest. I read somewhere that it is a Malaysian Oud - but to my nose it smells like black durian (without the Durian, if that makes sense)l - it has almost a Kyara feel to it). Incredibly rich. It becomes linear after 10 minutes or so. This is a blend that doesn’t scream, or uses shock factor to differentiate itself from a crowded space. It envelopes you with familiarity, with comfort. Finesse is what sets this apart.
    I am currently in an airconditioned room with a temp of around 18 degrees (yes it is still quite warm here in HK) - when I take a sniff on my left wrist (pulse point), I feel a warm fuzzy blanket wrapping me from the inside out. Not the biggest fan of sweet aroma, yet for Yaqoot, it is just right.

SAQR II
    Sorry if all I am posting lately is ASO oils - just going through my “older” samples and they all happened to be from the wonderful house.
    I don’t like Rose - at least it is not a scent I typically reach for. This is sweet with a green undertone. Very elegant. I would definitely buy a bottle of this if I didn’t waste money on a bunch of rose prominent attars from one of the mainstream well known middle eastern houses (starts with an A with 4 letters :p). If I didn’t - I would have purchased this in a heart beat. It does lean a little towards the feminine side for my personal liking (but not too much). Incredibly well balanced - it has a little waxy undertone. Very airy and light (but doesn’t mean it is weak) I do wish it has something creamy to smooth the composition out further. Don’t get me wrong - this doesn’t have any sharp edges - incredibly well blended, it does have creamy feel to it... I just wish there was more - it would have been THE attar containing a prominent rose for me. A spring time oil. Miles ahead and better than most (if not all) attar samples/ full bottles I have.

Sproaty, Rai Munir, Ashfaque and 2 others like this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Attar of the Night:
    Tibetan Musk Mysore Santal Ambergris Maceration: My permanent abode is Musk. This is like a fragrant cascade.

9. Bryan-I

Bryan-I Oud Fan

Shamster by Agarwood Assam. The rich creamy dry down is luscious.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Sproaty and Ashfaque like this.
  10. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

Im wearing Dodge & Olcott vintage sandalwood from @Oudamberlove,this stuff has above average projection for sandal and been on my wrist for over 5 hours.I just gave a little rub on the opposite wrist and its now projecting more then first applied,very very thick oil.

Rai Munir likes this.
  11. hassam mac

hassam mac Oud Fan

First read,looked like dolce and gabbana
    Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

12. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

:Roflmao:

13. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

same here, a small swipe of his vintage mysore

Bryan-I likes this.
  14. Hosayn

Hosayn Whats this Oud About?

Cafe Ambre Noir by Sultan Pasha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan-I, Sproaty and Rai Munir like this.
  15. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Vintage Musk Maceration Oil, Mysore Santal, Bulgarian Rose Otto: Musk is prominent. Still needs time to have depth and orchestration. First hour after swiping the blend was heavenly.

Akhira, Grega and Sproaty like this.
  16. Shabby

Shabby Junior Member

Pearl by @tyson today.

The pure energy and innocence of this blend is so extraordinary that I don’t want to name a single note. Soft, delicate, pure, innocent, just like a baby.

Joe King, tyson, Grega and 2 others like this.
  17. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Yes, it is beautiful. Osmanthus really did well.

Tyson's attar having Ambergris infused in Vanilla and then mixed in Hojari is just one of the classics. It was so thick that I couldn't wear it. Now I have blended some Mysore Santal to dilute it. Now a perfect attar it is.

18. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

It has to be absolutely amazing and fantastic.

19. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Is this named in honour of respected member Pearl? :Cautious::rolleyes::p

20. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dear Joe, respected Shabby said: "... just like a baby.":p

Oudamberlove, OudGood, Shabby and 4 others like this.

Promote Oud!