Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

I have only one blue lotus oil (celestial), so nothing to compare it to . What is the brand that you recommend?

2. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Yes, gentle heating will do, but gentle. I found Walla Patta a delicate one as compared to Hindi or even Malysian Oud oils in maceration.

Now I love blending different Sadal oils, and then macerating grains in it.

How difficult and time taking it is to macerate both Musk and Amber in Sandal!

tyson and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Yes, uou are lucky. Otherwise, it is more difficult than acquiring frangipani.

Well, unless I smell and sniff a lot of flowers, I avoid acquiring that particular oil. Blue lotus, pink lotus and white lotus. I have availed less opportunity to smell these flowers. So, it is somewhat difficult for me to know about the truthfulness of lotus oils. Especially blue and white lotus. Of course, now i will go to the place where I could find blue lotus grown in abundance.

tyson and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  4. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Thailand!

tyson likes this.
  5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Mine is with camphor. I can understand your state of mind. So, please avoid using Jasmine.

6. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Some Euphoria by Tyson this morning while juicing some fruits for breakfast, the combination of smells is euphoric!

7. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

The day its sweetness lessened, then it will be a unique balanced itr. I am waiting for that day. Though the fragrance it emits is one of the aromas that made me ecstatic in 2018, till today. Orchestration is needed. Depth is there, but the depth after orchestration will be like an extreme whirlpool.

8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

While decanting Musk Maceration in Santal, then Musk Oud macerations and then a blend into vials for a very respected member friend, fingers and palms are fully covered in oils. I am a delta of different aromatic rivers. But the moment I opened the Kashmiri Musk grain jar to bring out some grains, it was all heaven on earth. But on fingers, Kashmiri Musk, Mysore Santal and Jasmine maceration is dominant.

Akhira, Hosayn, Oudamberlove and 5 others like this.
  9. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Indian Vetiver: Desiccated soil after drizzling, wind bent grasses after torrential rain, trunks, stumps, and barks of ancient jungle during rain. Traditional fragrance. Coooooool!

Arsalan, sami, tyson and 2 others like this.
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Just Musk Grains: Kashmiri, Siberian and Tibetan grains in different vials. Kept them on the table, uncapped. I love this lavish session. I love to inhale Musk grains, and really love to know now they are losing weight. But what I am blessed with is incomparable. I am too too lavish on grains. First, these grains will end, there will be room for more.

For me, Musk perfume is synthetic or fake in comparison with Musk maceration. And Musk maceration is synthetic or fake in comparison with Musk grains. And dry Musk grains are synthetic in comparison with wet Musk grains. Perfume is after all a lullaby to inflate one's self that one is smelling Musk. Whatsoever is the brand. In the end, that is a remotest reflection of Pure Musk. The way Oud perfume is just 0.0009 percent of Pure Oud Oil.

11. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

Dear Rai Munir you are making me so curious how real musk smells, any tips how to experience musk nirvana?

Arsalan likes this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dearest alcolado glacial, Musk grains, vintage Musk Mysore Santal maceration that has quality Santal like Celestial Gold by Tyson or IO's Mysore Santal 2002, and enough grains.

If it is not possible, the maceration available on the market or the grains can be tried. At least once, you have to try both grains and maceration. I said Musk Santal maceration, not Musk Oud.

Joe King likes this.
  13. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

Thank you so much respected Rai Munir , will try out maceration in the future. obtaining musk grains will be difficult with regulation here so i am going to first purchase ready made.

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  14. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

A day would come when grains will be with you too. Some top class Musk oils are on the market, you would definitely love Musk. They are 'pure' and 'nirvanic'.

I came to know through a respected members that it is being said that Musk grains and Musk macerations are fake. It itself is a fake statement.

Akhira, PEARL, Faheem and 2 others like this.
  15. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Al Harara by @Habz786 ('Heat') - wow, very hot and spicy! Even smelling it uncapped without even taking out the applicator you get this fiery sense. The 0nly other oud/musk I've tried is Al Shareef's Yaqoot which has this crazy sharpness to it, this doesn't for sure. Not that I dislike that side of Yaqoot.

Well, I literally swiped and typed the above so they're as first impressions as first impressions come. Very impressed so far!

PEARL, Rai Munir, Joe King and 4 others like this.
  16. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

curious how the scent develops, care for an update Sproaty?

Joe King, Arsalan and Habz786 like this.
  17. Hosayn

Hosayn Whats this Oud About?

Dewaniya by Sultan Pasha Attars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashfaque and alcolado glacial like this.
  18. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Al Ghaliyah (@Mellifluence) - what a beauty. It is ageing really well. :thumbsup:

Grega and alcolado glacial like this.
  19. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Laith by Mellifluence. Such a whirlwind of gorgeous animalic scents that has incredible depth. The animalics ( there are a lot of them, from kashmir musk, aged civet, three types of ambergris, a wonderful castoreum, hyraceum...) are aged really well and the blend has also been aging for some time. It should become even more incredible as time passes. I am spellbound.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    alcolado glacial and Ashfaque like this.
  20. sami

sami Oud Fan

Quick sampling of a few attars from Agarwood Assam.
    Shamsher - Animalic, musky with a vey nice drydown...got a touch of rose as well. Powerhouse.
    Shamama Amber - Wow...classic shamama but wonderful smoothness to it probably from amber. Awesome vintage luxury.
    Zafrani gulab - Another superb rose attar from brother Zak...reminds me of Oud Gulfam...the saffron is delicious and gives a little masculine edge. Excellent attars!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    PEARL, Sproaty, Grega and 2 others like this.

Promote Oud!