Rai Munir

Musk Man
@NinjaRobb :
Thanks a lot.

Would please guide what is the normal size of body and weight of Siberian deer?

If the pod is 20 grams (after shrinkage), what would/ could be the size and weight of deer, and if the pod is of 30 grams, then the size and weight?
What is the age bracket when a deer starts generating Musk?

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
i ordered some siberian grain from @NinjaRobb

can anyone suggest me what type of sandal oil can be mix with grain and how much for example 0.3GR of misk how much of sandal oil will be good?
@F4R1d0uX and @Rai Munir @Mandeel AlMandeel can maybe give there passionate opinion and all member enjoy the answers in cha Allah

baraka allah feekoom

Really brother @halim it depend on the result you want to achieve and the time you are ready to wait until it's achieved but if I had 0.3gr of musk (assuming it's cleaned and ready to use) I would not put more than 1.2 gr of sandalwood I mean 20% maceration is a minimum.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
i ordered some siberian grain from @NinjaRobb

can anyone suggest me what type of sandal oil can be mix with grain and how much for example 0.3GR of misk how much of sandal oil will be good?
@F4R1d0uX and @Rai Munir @Mandeel AlMandeel can maybe give there passionate opinion and all member enjoy the answers in cha Allah

baraka allah feekoom
Dear brother halim, ratio of Musk grains and Sandal oil depends upon what YOU actually wish for. One thing for sure, Sandal is not going anywhere, unless it is a paste of Musk grains and a few drops of Sandal. A couple of weeks ago I macerated 0.3 gram grains in 1 ml Ceylon Sandal. I needed strong Musk notes, so I did it. Second, I macerated a few grains in 0.3 Mysore Sandal and 0.3 Tigerwood.

Though I haven't experimented yet, but Some blenders suggest Moringa as well. I myself am of the opinion that in Moringa oil Musk notes will appear soon and will be rather potent. Please don't ever go for Jasmine. Horrible experience of mine.

If you want more sophisticated blend, cleaned grains are the best. I'm not that much touchy about it. Anything inside the Pod is dear to me. I cannot neglect the residues or Pod layering.

Well, brother Faheem's knowledge is sound in this connection. I wish and request him to post for us all. I have learnt a lot from him, and then I experimented on my own to explore more.
Brother halim, Musk and Sandal is beautiful. But Musk Sandal and Rose is unique. But the ratio of Rose is much important. Just a dab of Rose is enough for 1 or 1.5 ml maceration.

I have Faheem's unreleased Musk Sandal, and Musk Pod Rose: Both are spectacular. The latter one made me change my views about Rose.

Last edited:

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Dear brother halim, ratio of Musk grains and Sandal oil depends upon what YOU actually wish for. One thing for sure, Sandal is not going anywhere, unless it is a paste of Musk grains and a few drops of Sandal. A couple of weeks ago I macerated 0.3 gram grains in 1 ml Ceylon Sandal. I needed strong Musk notes, so I did it. Second, I macerated a few grains in 0.3 Mysore Sandal and 0.3 Tigerwood.

Though I haven't experimented yet, but Some blenders suggest Moringa as well. I myself am of the opinion that in Moringa oil Musk notes will appear soon and will be rather potent. Please don't ever go for Jasmine. Horrible experience of mine.

If you want more sophisticated blend, cleaned grains are the best. I'm not that much touchy about it. Anything inside the Pod is dear to me. I cannot neglect the residues or Pod layering.

Well, brother Faheem's knowledge is sound in this connection. I wish and request him to post for us all. I have learnt a lot from him, and then I experimented on my own to explore more.
Brother halim, Musk and Sandal is beautiful. But Musk Sandal and Rose is unique. But the ratio of Rose is much important. Just a dab of Rose is enough for 1 or 1.5 ml maceration.

I have Faheem's unleased Musk Sandal, and Musk Pod Rose: Both are spectacular. The latter one made me change my views about Rose.

True brother Im macerating since few months now in Moringa, it's more potent.
Less round (in moringa it's very raw animalic) more herbal. It reminds me of when I was a child, I secretely used to open dad chewing tobbaco box and get a blast fix in the nostrils :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
I had thought of moringa oil but were a little concern with the shelf life. On paper it can last between 1-5yrs. Depending on how often you open the bottle, the oil will eventually become rancid upon prolonged oxidation.
Suuuuuuperb Luxury for 1-5 years! Pretty long time. If it were just a minute with wonderfully Musk and just Musky notes, I would have gone for it earlier. Now I will definitely go for.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Ah but I intend to keep the maceration indefinitely for generations and generations to enjoy! [emoji9]

Might try FCO as the carrier instead.

Fraction. Coconut oil ?
Why not !
I saw moringa catches the smell very well.
But with ambergris, fco worked well I have fews it gave good results.

@halim I agree with brother @Rai Munir if you want enjoy more musk aroma try to add little amount from sandal with rose or you can choose one of them because both are strong and if you put little more the musk aroma will hide & you can add oud oil and I like indian oud with musk more than others ouds...

peter4ptv

i have ambergris in moringa and did work excellent like it much better than in sandal on the other hand i like much better musk in sandal.
well also i think the % ratio will make a big difference.
there is so much little details to make a good maceration and involves many tries, mastering perfumery is not for everyone and definitely not for me.

NinjaRobb

Official Trader Siberian and Mongolian Musk
Hi all! Today I will share with you very interesting information...
Bag fresh weighed 55 grams.
1 month drying in a dark place at room temperature... 20171015_205429.jpg .
Specially for you dear friends I cut the pod so you can see what it looks like musk Siberian musk deer.
it looks like the pod after opening: ...20171015_205547.jpg . Please note that the black grain of musk!
It is a unique musk Siberian musk deer ( from adult) FROM a young musk deer musk can be light brown.
Weigh the empty pod20171015_210347.jpg and see that grain weigh about 30 grams.
I hope this has been useful.
I remind you that you can buy from me 100% natural musk Siberian musk deer in any amount from 1 gram.

With respect, Andrey.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Any good ratio that gives a harmonized marriage between the Sandal and musk? I don't want either to overwhelm each other but to achieve balance between them.

I don’t think this question is nonsensical. I think what Oud Learner is trying to say is that he wants to know what typical ratio would give a blend where the characteristics of both the sandal and musk could emerge in a harmonious way.

At least a suggestion would be useful, or for example, a discussion on the different ratios required to achieve certain desired results. :Thumbsup:

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
1 month drying in a dark place at room temperature...View attachment 1807 .
Specially for you dear friends I cut the pod so you can see what it looks like musk Siberian musk deer.
it looks like the pod after opening: ...View attachment 1808 . Please note that the black grain of musk!
It is a unique musk Siberian musk deer ( from adult) FROM a young musk deer musk can be light brown.
Weigh the empty podView attachment 1809 and see that grain weigh about 30 grams.
I remind you that you can buy from me 100% natural musk Siberian musk deer in any amount from 1 gram.

With respect, Andrey.

Thanks for that very informative post Andrey

1 month drying in a dark place at room temperature...View attachment 1807 .
it looks like the pod after opening: ...View attachment 1808 . Please note that the black grain of musk!
Weigh the empty podView attachment 1809 and see that grain weigh about 30 grams.

With respect, Andrey.

Wonderful post thank you sir