Agarwood Aura Decision - Meitei Vs. Lushai

Discussion in 'General' started by Louis Miller, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Louis Miller

Louis Miller Whats this Oud About?

Hello Ouddicts!

I am preparing to purchase one of these two enticing Hindis from Zak, but was hoping for some guidance. Here is the scenario: This purchase will be a part of a gift, both to myself and to a special lady. I will be buying three 2.5 g bottles of oil and decanting them into 1.25 each, one for me and one for her. I aim to include one "grounding," earthy oil, one heart-note oil, and one heady, top-note oil.

For the grounding oil, I've decided on one of these two Hindis, and am leaning towards Lushai, but thought you guys might chime in. This lady is not initiated into oud, but spends nearly all of her life outdoors in nature and is quite sensitive and powerfully attuned to the earth, so I believe she will appreciate the Hindi more than most newbies.

I've read all the reviews I could find, and my sense is that compared to Meitei, Lushai is a bit quiter, perhaps smoother or rounder, whereas Meitei opens a bit sharper and smokey. I will choose whichever oil is more classically "grounding" and calming. Any input here?

Btw, for the mid- note oil, I've already chosen RPP Kapondai Flores. This sandalwood is like food for the heart.

For the top-note, I've not decided, maybe a walla patta?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    EHV, Ouddict and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

That's what I was coming to say! I own Lushai but have not worn it much for recognition but found it incredibly smooth and stunning. Meitei, well, I have it on its way :D
    Have these been for sale for a long time then @PEARL?

EHV and Louis Miller like this.
  3. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

I ordered both and anxiously waiting for them to arrive.

Sproaty and Louis Miller like this.
  4. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

Lushai Hills is like an old tibetan house, lacquered wood, stove smoke, black tea, and earthen floor..

Meitei is like going on a walk through a tibetan village to pick up some cheese and to return to the above house mentioned above...

jensz, Rai Munir, Ashfaque and 3 others like this.
  5. Louis Miller

Thanks so much for this. Now I have a follow up: My experience of hindi thus far is based on EO Assam Wilde and IO Nagaland Imperiale. Between these two, I find AW to be s bit milder, smooth with hints of green, whereas Naga I find louder and sharper, with a definite nod to cheese. To those who might have experienced either of these two, wow might Lusha and Meitei compare?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Ashfaque likes this.
  6. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

I would say both are of the smoother kind, neither came across as "barny" to me, but my tolerance to that may be increasing by the week - Sproaty's "not very barny" may be another's "wow that's barny" :)

Louis Miller likes this.
  7. Dr Musadiq Alaqaband

Dr Musadiq Alaqaband Just Arrived

As salam u alaikum just i owe almost all oils of zak. One astonishing finding that i have tried hindi oud from Agar aura lavanya or naga imperiale from imp oud.....i found the opening notes of both lavanya or naga imperiale totally diffrent from the oils ok Zak....something to do with fermentation or if else kindly explain.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

jensz, Sproaty and Louis Miller like this.
  8. Louis Miller

I pulled the trigger on Lushai today. Excited!

Sproaty likes this.
  9. Mohammed Nadeem

Mohammed Nadeem Just Arrived

Lushai is the way to go, good choice.

10. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

So what'd you think of it? Guess it's been at least 2 months, now?

Oudamberlove likes this.

Promote Oud!