1ml (approx.) Of Oriscent Borneo Kinam In High Recovery Vial

Discussion in 'Ouds For Sale' started by illmOnk, Nov 24, 2017.

1. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

SALE PENDING Approximately 1ml of vintage Oriscent Borneo Kinam in a 2ml Wheaton high recovery vial (no dauber). I personally decanted it from my original bottle of BK which I purchased new, first hand (picture shown). The original bottle turned out to be too flimsy. I first sampled this oil during a visit with Ensar in NYC prior to its web release. It was part of the first series of "kinam" oils, a collection which, to my memory, included Royal Kinam and Assam Kinam.

To loosely check my memory and estimation of the amount of oil, I filled another vial with 1ml of water and posted the picture of the two vials (oil and water) side by side. I am new to high recovery vials and not a good judge at eyeing their amounts.

All of my oils are stored in a dark, cool area.

$425 shipped UPS to CONUS, signature required.

Questions welcome

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Royalbengalouds, Nikhil S and Bilalw like this.
  2. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  3. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Habz786 likes this.
  4. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

If someone doesn't take you up on this offer, they will regret it very soon as this is a special price.

5. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

price drop

6. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

price adjusted

7. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

deleted post due to error

8. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

price adjusted- SALE PENDING...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  9. Ouddict

Hi IllmOnk,
    I’ve just seen the photo of the Borneo Kinam where the base of the cap has come off... I had a bottle of this oud for 10 years, untouched, packed in the original box and showed a member of the forum who visited me earlier this year and shall remain unnamed.

Anyway, he picked it up by the cap when it was still screwed on fully and the whole bottle fell away and around 2g of Borneo Kinam was spilled onto the sofa spread and floor. I was furious... not with the poor guy who simply lifted a bottle, but with the vendor who can sell such expensice oils in terrible and shoddy packaging like this. To be fair, I had been warned by him back in 2007 that these bottles were not great for long term storage, but if you know that as a vendor then why on earth use the bottles??? Seeing your bottle just brought that awful memory back and reinforced my suspicions about the poor quality bottles that these Ouds were sold in.

10. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

Im so glad i took a look at this post,I have a couple of those bottles and this has never happened but sure it will over time.I was reading Ouddict post and was like how could that happen,then took a look at IllmOnk pics and :eek::eek::eek: the whole base has come off!So so glad i have seen this.

Ouddict likes this.
  11. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

No doubt, this particular sort of bottles are beautifully designed, but definitely are not suitable to keep the oil preserved for a long time. The oil gets overly oxidized in such bottles. The oil that gets stuck in the neck and around the neck of the bottle MAY get stinky. Second, these bottles are designed to gift oil to somebody. Third, keeping oils for that much long time is a pretty modern concept. Therefore, now V-vials are there to preserve.

When Oriscent used to ship oil in this bottle, the design must have been appreciated for its beauty. But now possible danger has been shared; so, better late than never. Whosoever is inclined to preserve Oud has to be careful about it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 4:41 PM
    Habz786 and riviera274 like this.
  12. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

and remember what water is heavier than oil :)

Daniel B likes this.
  13. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

I belive getting your oil in such bottles is 'optional' as some care more about the aesthetics part. I am very new to Oud but I have been given a verh clear warning that such fancy crystal bottle are not as reliable as the sturdy glass ones.

Rai Munir likes this.
  14. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

nothing to add here save for the fact that i too had an idea from the start that these bottles were more about form and not so much function.

Rai Munir and Sproaty like this.
  15. Zahir

So the question is that IF the seller clearly indicated the pitfall(s) of his product, then who is to be blamed in case something does go wrong? The buyer, who bought it knowingly that such a thing might happen, or the seller, despite having warned the buyer about such potential consequences?

16. illmOnk

illmOnk Junior Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 2:05 AM
  17. Ouddict

The consequences certainly were not of the type that this bottle will fall apart with time. Otherwise I wouldn’t have touched it. Personally I don’t believe any seller should use these bottles if they know the dangers, but to be fair, he probably didn’t realise just how shockingly bad these bottles are.

18. Zahir

True. Plus, that bottle was probably more commonly used those days. And no oil stored in such bottles might ve been stored for so long until now to be tested for such nuances. Qadr Allah. I doubt that that guy knew at that time that this would happen otherwise he wouldn't have sold oil in such bottles is my opinion.

Rai Munir likes this.
  19. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

The best solution is to wear the oil before it's too late.;). Dear Zahir, I assure you it is no investment at all.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 9:38 AM
  20. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Yes indeed just swipe and wear and swipe swipe swipe :Whistling::D

Rai Munir likes this.

Promote Oud!